Manager, Process Management
- Newark, NJ
Global Enterprise Services (GES) has a career opportunity for a Manager, Process Management position within its Tax Operations function. Tax Operations is part of Financial Operations and supports compliance and regulatory tax reporting to the taxing authorities for Prudential Financial and its subsidiaries.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Tax Operations. You will manage a team that handles the daily withholding tax remittance process for over $4B annually and the completion of all monthly, quarterly and annual tax withholding reporting to the federal, state and local taxing authorities. This position requires someone that is collaborative, has staff leadership experience with demonstrated ability solving problems, working across functional teams and implementing transformative changes.
Your specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversight of the daily tax remittance process which includes ensuring all tax withholding liabilities are received from our business admin systems and all payments are disbursed in accordance with each taxing authority's requirements and all disbursements are recorded appropriately in the general ledger.
- Oversight of all monthly, quarterly, annual and amended tax reporting to ensure all reporting is completed and distributed timely and accurately. This would include completing the quarter close process within the tax reporting system (MasterTax)
- Ensure tax associated inquiries from governing authorities are reviewed, prioritized and resolved timely by the Tax Ops team to minimize financial risk.
- Working collaboratively with Corporate Tax and HR to support employment tax audits, new Workday tax code setups and account registrations with tax jurisdictions
- Develop and maintain knowledge on current and emerging tax compliance requirements and collaborating with our payroll provider, Corporate Tax and Enterprise Tax to ensure systems, tax related integrations and operational processes are compliant. (e.g. Unemployment tax rates, payment methods, deposit frequencies, tax codes, tax registrations, etc.)
- Maintain effective control processes over all aspects of the operations. This includes ensuring SOP's are maintained, all records, BC and privacy requirements are met and all reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
- Participate in or lead special projects, such as process redesign or process improvement initiatives
- Managerial experience required
- BA/BS from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Minimum 5 or more years of Tax experience working for a large organization or multi-state employer
- Fluent with all MS Office applications
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented while maintaining a big picture perspective
Results driven with a strong execution-mindset
Back to top