The Finance organization plays a critical role in the execution of strategic plans for the U.S. Businesses, acting as a trusted advisor to our business partners. The U.S. Businesses Planning & Analysis (P&A) Strategy team is responsible for leading the development of business cases that include both leading indicators and traditional financial metrics, tracking progress against the business cases and providing regular reporting to enable strategic decision-making regarding initiative success, funding, resource allocation, and prioritization. The team also performs financial modeling and evaluates micro investment and potential M&A opportunities relating to the U.S. Businesses strategy in support of the COO and CFO of the U.S. Businesses.
Pursuit of cross-business growth opportunities and strategic initiatives requires Finance associates to work together in new ways, including collaborating to develop a holistic view of the value associated with each growth opportunity and by executing with agility to maximize shareholder value.
The Manager, Planning & Analysis will lead and assist in the development and maintenance of the consolidated financial models, metrics, business cases and reporting for these growth opportunities. In addition, the successful candidate will lead the forecasting and budgeting processes for each initiative's investment plan connecting initiative spend with revenue outcomes. The candidate will develop a deep knowledge of Prudential's U.S. Businesses strategy along with an understanding of each business. The candidate will also be exposed to Senior Management and various functions across the company including the Global Finance Community, Chief Marketing and Customer Office, Individual Solutions Group, and Workplace Solutions Group
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead forecasting, financial reporting, and budgeting associated with cross-business and strategic initiatives.
- Support the development of business cases, tracking and reporting for the growth opportunities, including both leading indicators and traditional financial metrics.
- Develop financial models for potential micro investments and M&A opportunities.
- Understanding of approach to product profitability and lifetime value of a customer.
- Oversee the development of financial presentations and communicate results to executive management to facilitate decision making.
- Ensure alignment of internal management reports developed for the growth opportunities with corporate forecast, actual financial results processes, and reporting to the Board of Directors
- Act as change agent to instill an agile mindset to business case development and initiatives.
- Drive continuous automation and improvement of processes within the team.
- Undergraduate business degree in Finance, Accounting or related business fields.
- 5 years of budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting experience.
- Experience in working in Financial Services, particularly with Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement and Asset Management.
- Corporate Finance and financial modeling experience a plus.
- Ability to interpret financial results extracting trends to provide valuable insights to the businesses and Senior Management.
- Strong and concise communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate extensively with key stakeholders, audiences, and working environments.
- Leadership and management skills, including development of teams and individuals.
- CPA, CFA and/or MBA preferred.