Manager Planning & Analysis
- West Caldwell, NJ
Prudential's Workplace Solutions Group (WSG), which comprises Prudential's Retirement and Group Insurance businesses - serving over 23 million customers, is seeking a highly motivated, results driven FP&A Manager for expense planning, forecasting, financial reporting, and business measurement and analysis in support of Group Insurance's Distribution and Business Segments functions. The Expense Manager will provide financial advisory and analytical support for one of Group Insurance's three business segments to enable the P&L leader to make informed business decisions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with Business Partners/Senior Leaders in development of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
- Develop monthly/quarterly expense analysis, results compared to guidance, prior forecast, and prior periods
- Develop analysis of business drivers and understand how drivers impact budgets and actual results at a functional and segment level
- Provide pro-active consultation and prudent cost management support to business partners.
- Collaborate with Business Partners and Consolidation team to analyze annual product / segment allocation updates and underlying methodologies
- Understand how business drivers are impacted by Business cases and make recommendations accordingly
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree, MBA or CPA preferred
- Discretion to deal with confidential information
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills, with the ability to problem solve.
- Customer focused with strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate financial results.
- Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully analyze data, assess and challenge results
- Results oriented and attentive to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive and strong time management and organizational skills
- Agile and organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands. Able to proactively anticipate issues, provide recommendations, and communicate key issues at the right level at the right time.
- Ability to focus on big picture and interconnectivity
- Able to apply knowledge of company objectives, operations, and key business drivers and of finance to evaluate business performance and contribute to operational and strategic decision-making.
- Possesses ability to derive key expense metrics and influence business activities to optimize cost structure.
- Organizational awareness and knowledge of business partner strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to foster the development of successful, strategic relationships with business partners.
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed environment
- Displays a Continuous improvement mindset. Able to proactively identify, analyze, and improve upon existing processes for optimization and to meet new deadlines or standards of quality.
- Innovation mindset with the willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Uses appropriate applications and identifies opportunities to better leverage technology to complete tasks more efficiently and effectively.
- Understands the need for a control environment and attention to detail.
- Proficient use of MS Office suite.
- Performs role of Finance as a Strategist, Catalyst, Steward and Operator.
Back to top