Manager, Leader of Others and Leader of Self Capabilities
Who we seek:
Do you envision the future as you execute in the present?
Do you want to be part of shaping Prudential's purpose and strategy?
Do you love building skills and capabilities to accelerate leader's thorough development?
Are you ready to take accountability for building enterprise-wide people development?
If so, we may have an exciting new opportunity for you at Prudential.
Our newly formed Employee and Capability Development Center of Excellence aims to advance Prudential's purpose by fostering business value creation and people development in one of the worlds most established financial services companies. It's an exciting and engaging environment where our team-members are encouraged to drive change, create impactful leadership programs, develop our global leaders' skills and capabilities, and most importantly to be part of a team who is committed to transforming the talent development brand to align to our global business priorities.
As part of the Employee & Capability Development (CoE), the Manager, Leader of Others/ Self Capability is a key driver of Prudential's leadership strategy globally. This role will be accountable for designing and delivering select managerial programs to provide Leaders of Others (LoO) with the skills to be successful in positively influencing Prudential's cultural aspirations and providing relevant offerings towards Leaders of Self (LoS - Individual contributors). This role will report to the VP, People Development and Capabilities.
- Own and maintain Leader of Self/Others learning content and materials with the purpose of accelerating leaders' development in alignment with Prudential's business strategy
- Partner with other learning groups and HR leaders in the company to ensure we are efficiently and effectively leveraging development opportunities to meet business needs with attractively packaged offerings
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to curate learning solutions from existing assets and / or design scalable and differentiated leadership development solutions that can be implemented globally.
- Drive partnerships with external vendors to support LoS/LoO curriculum
- Collaborate with E&CD colleagues, CoEs, HRBPs, external consultants, and business leaders to provide internal & external benchmarking and recommendations to inform LoS/LoO development strategy - both short and long-term goals
- In collaboration with the Learning Experience team, create and deliver program communications, including program websites (as appropriate) to package offerings so they appeal to LoO/ LoS.
- Create Digital Learning Pathways for professional development skills open to all LoS and in collaboration with Future of Work and the Learning strategy team for professional skills platform
- Oversee Pru's open enrollment instructor-led courses including yearly curriculum planning, vendor selection and contracting, rosters, data analysis, research of training methods, trending skills, and vendors
- Assist in project managing efforts and ensuring work is on schedule
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 5 plus years of experience working within learning, leadership, talent management/human resources disciplines.
- Strong project management skills; detail oriented; highly collaborative; driven to achieve high standards; ability to manage multiple priorities; excellent written and verbal communication; flexibility and adaptability; efficient and effective self-management; effective ability to influence multiple levels of stakeholders; organizational savvy; excellent networker, strong external focus.
- 2 plus years of experience with program management and ability to partner with internal and external experts to deliver impactful learning programs (preferred)
- Working knowledge of adult learning principles, instructional design, and talent management and leadership development strategies and methodologies. (preferred)
- Learning agility and knowledge of manager development external best practices.
- Broad external and internal business perspective.
- Experience establishing key relationships with all levels of leadership and a broad array of partners
- Experience with technologies needed for virtual program delivery.
- Ability to develop and execute on marketing plan to build awareness and usage of learning resources
- Ability to accommodate 25% business travel.
- Managing multiple projects at once
- Superior facilitation skills
- Strong partnership mindset with balancing strategic thinking and execution excellence
Back to top