Manager, External Communications
The Global Communications team directs internal employee and external communications efforts to ensure the company's messages are aligned and delivered in accordance with Prudential's goals and policies. To best partner with our businesses, we are expanding our Communications team which supports Individual Solutions. If you are a professional who thrives on driving integrated engagement strategies that help shape how external audiences understand and perceive the company's global income and protection story, consumer positioning, and overall differentiation in the marketplace.
Reporting to Vice President, Global Communication, this role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Construct public relations campaigns to promote the role of investment, income and insurance products in securing and protecting consumers' financial wellness.
- Position senior executives as thought leaders in the industry, while demonstrating Prudential's deep bench strength and commitment to diversity and societal purpose - all of which support the organization's recruiting strategies.
- Manage key projects, including but not limited to strategic plans and calendar creation, media research and insights, communications and marketing material creation, competitive tracking, metrics, and multi-media outreach (earned, owned, social).
- Provide "outside-in" perspective to inform external communications programming and storylines.
- Cultivate media relationships and manage media interview opportunities in support of business strategies.
- Develop editorial content - written, audio and video-that can be leveraged across Prudential's internal communication properties, as well as to enrich external communication efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in any field of academic rigor; Master's degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public relations/communications with an understanding of editorial, business and media cycles.
- Public Relations Agency experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Financial Services products and services is a plus.
- Experience developing and writing multi-channel content including social media; digital content strategy, management and storytelling.
- Experience in and ability to develop and manage relationships with media targets and reporters.
- Executive presence with an ability to work effectively and collaboratively within complex organizations. Teamwork a must.
- Clear, concise and engaging writing ability. Written portfolio samples required.
- Experience communicating ideas through written or verbal communications, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Campaign orientation with experience in supporting business objectives through communications that drive awareness and impact.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage simultaneously longer-term strategic assignments and immediate needs to produce high-quality results in a timely manner.
- Ability to synthesize complex subject matter, translating technical subjects into relatable storylines.
- Critical and creative thinker. Apply intellectual curiosity to all aspects of the role.
Back to top