Manager, DevOps Enablement
Prudential Retirement Engineering team is looking to add a leader to manage the vision, strategy and tactics for its platform enablement. We will be looking for this position to manage both the hybrid infrastructure for our retirement platforms. This role is crucial in driving forward our platform enablement. We are looking for engineering mindset individual that will be able to manage our hybrid infrastructure driving our transformation from on premise to cloud. We expect this role to be able to balance their focus on transformation while driving focus and optimization on our current infrastructure portfolio.
This position will report to the Vice President, Platform Solutions and Support.
- Technical lead building high quality solutions with a focus on automation and innovation through engineering mindset
- Manage both Linux and Windows systems and server engineering projects through direct input and matrix relationships
- Optimize current on premise infrastructure for cost, performance and availability
- Expert experience with AWS, Azure and or Google Cloud Platform is a must. Successful candidate will have the ability perform daily hands-on engineering tasks as well as provide performance, people and project management.
- Implementing security best practices that aligns with our ability to deliver products and services to our customer.
- Understand enterprise monitoring and logging tools to provide earlier warning and provide insights for our infrastructure limiting downtime and improving transparency
- Key Collaborator with executive leadership, software engineering and product management teams to ensure engineering execution meets business needs and is delivered in consistent and predictable manner.
- Recruit and manage a team of platform engineers that drive a customer centricity and business outcomes.
- Enable our Platforms by Architecting and building scalable cloud infrastructure and processes.
- Develop KPIs that provide in-depth visibility into system health.
- Champion all non-functional requirements of technical components like high availability, scalability and fault tolerance etc.
- Own the manage the stability and technology roadmap for the systems and responsible for delivering successful projects for these systems. Ensure successful execution of product roadmap that aligns with our platforms for both on premise and cloud infrastructure
- Bring the voice of our customers to the Engineering, Product Management, Systems Reliability Engineering and other development teams and with our Infrastructure Partners and Platform organization to meet customer needs quickly and holistically.
- As member of the Platform Enablement team, this position is responsible for performance and reliability of web application and components being utilized by customer facing products.
- The technology decisions this position makes will have multi-year impact on the organization and directly affect the amount of re-engineering and ongoing support. Provide Direction on end of life and other Infrastructure portfolio projects.
- Interface with technology operations, technology business management, information security, and architecture to ensure solutions are prioritized and structured to meet design and operational objectives.
- Manage project staff, budgets entire infrastructure portfolio through dynamically reports and scorecard on progress.
- Strong understanding of DevOps, Pipeline Construction, Release automation and deployment (Jenkins, CloudFormation, Chef, Team Foundation Server, Code Pipeline)
- Delivered DevOps, Infrastructure Pipeline and have managed Cloud Operations to enable platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering preferred and 8 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8-10 years engineering, architecting and delivering infrastructure technology solutions leading teams focused on platform and application engineering and operations
- Direct experience designing and supporting deployment and automation solutions on public/private cloud environments with specific experience developing solutions within the AWS specifically service architecture, product offerings, and solutions.
- Experience building highly-available services at scale and creating, and evolving platform libraries/services used by other engineers.
- Experience driving adoption of new technology into existing complex systems.
- Ability to attract talent, develop team and build an effective team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with customers and partners at the engineering leadership/executive level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to present and communicate own ideas, multi-task and to meet established deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytic and diagnostic skill.
- Experience developing highly scalable & composable Restful (and non) APIs between internal and external service layers using industry standards.
- Knowledge of a variety of data delivery and orchestration technologies: Redis, Hadoop, Kafka, Elasticache, Node.js.
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Angular, Ember, Backbone, WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat. Containerization technologies - Docker, ECS, Kubernetes.
- Strong experience with MySQL, Oracle and related persistence technologies.
Back to top