- West Caldwell, NJ
Prudential's Global Technology Organization (GT) is seeking a Senior Linux and Container Engineer. This exciting position will offer a qualified candidate the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated Linux Engineering/Operations practice in a corporate IT organization. At the same time, they will partner closely with one of Prudential's strategic lines of businesses to leverage the Linux and Kubernetes for a competitive advantage. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has passion for technology, and a desire to provide outstanding customer service. The position focuses on ensuring the reliability and maintainability of services that are leveraged on the Linux Platform. A successful candidate will utilize technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes, never wanting to see the same class of problem twice. The top technical skills for this role include advance Linux skills to support Linux instances and Docker Container initiatives using Kubernetes, including scripting/coding skills for automation. Candidate must have Advance Linux skills to support Linux systems and Docker Containers/Kubernetes
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies (essential - Linux VM and desired - OVM)
- Design, implement, and maintain environments (essential - RHEL 7/8 and desired - OEL 7/8)
- Design, implement, and maintain automation for deployment (essential - Ansible)
- In-depth knowledge of orchestration, containers, and Docker (essential - Docker/Kubernetes and desired - AWS ECS)
- Implement deployments across various IaaS providers (essential - AWS)
- Execute performance tuning activities, develop monitoring processes, and provide performance recommendations for Linux environment (essential)
- Support Linux Servers and configurations plus reporting and monitoring (essential)
- Provide 3rd level support where needed, including diagnostics and tuning (essential)
- Interface with and guide application owners and developers to install, develop, and maintain, the application servers (essential)
- Establish processes and procedures for application loading and configurations (essential)
- Creation of architecture documents, operations process and procedure documents, troubleshooting documents, and run-books (essential)
- Contribute to the design, development and execution of system changes (essential)
- Provide 7x24x365 support for the company (essential)
- Late nights and weekend work will be required (essential)
In addition to the qualifications above, the candidate must be able to work well in a team environment while providing leadership in areas of expertise. Candidates will be interviewed for potential in all areas of responsibility described and must also have the skills below:
•The candidate should be a self-starter, have the aptitude to work on complex projects individually, and at the same time excel when working in a team environment.
•2-3 years' experience in information technology required and a four year Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.
•Excellent written oral, written, and technical documentation skills.
•Extensive experience managing a production environment
Back to top