Lead Software Engineer
This role can sit in Hartford or be remote
Prudential Workplace Solutions Group (WSG) technology team is looking for highly technical Software Engineer who has demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices and procedures.
To be successful in this role candidate must have a hands-on experience in designing and building modular, scalable, testable systems using modern technologies and architectural patterns. Knowledge of design patterns and best practices, Service-Oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful APIs, web development technology stack, and strong experience with, and deep understanding of Agile SDLC are required. We are looking for someone who can wear a multiple hat (Developer, Solution Architect, Team Lead) enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, outcome focused, loves challenges and can work collaboratively.
- Provide technical guidance and be mentor to SCRUM teams.
- Leads technical design activities, and ensures all technical hurdles are resolved
- Drive results; own the architecture and execution across a portfolio of projects, and lead projects to achieve desired goals and benefits.
- Able to manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to deliver end to end solution using innovative approaches
- Able to work as full stack developer within our scrum team
- Acts as Technical Practice Lead, defining standards and processes for implementing technical stack
- Develop, lead and coordinate code releases to production environment while collaborating across a number of teams
- Work with production support teams on escalated production systems failures for Root Cause Analysis, formulate corrective action plans, ensure corrective actions are implemented and track their effectiveness
- Ability to identify, analyze and tune application performance
- Bachelor's Degree or above in computer science or related field
- 8 years of proven technology experience with focused responsibility in application design, implementation and support functions
- Expert knowledge of fundamental engineering concepts, understanding good software architecture/design, algorithms, data structures, writing modular and testable code
- Hands-on experience in Java Development including Spring Framework, designing and building REST API using Spring Boot
- Knowledge of distributed Cloud Native Microservices principles and best practices
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of Oracle, DB2 relational databases
- Understanding of the full web stack, from databases to server-side code to the quirks of cross-browser compatibility
- Solid understanding of Concurrency, Parallelism, Threads, Processes, Asynchronous and Synchronous concepts and its use.
- Significant experience with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewall, SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0
- Proven ability to articulate the value of foundational technology approaches to technology leaders (e.g. the pros & cons of micro-services architectures in a given context)
- Understanding of container-based technologies (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes).
- Experience in AWS cloud computing platform is a plus
- Experience with NodeJS tooling and frameworks such as Express and Koa is a plus
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as CodeDeploy, Artifactory, SonarQube, Selenium and Jenkins is desirable.
- Experience in the design of new systems or the redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology
- The ability to create a quick working prototypes from ideas and mockups
- Ability to work with multiple levels of management across Technology and the supported Business Units
- Ability to translate requirements to a functional software
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore teams
- Experience working with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Financial / Retirement business is a plus
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, thorough understanding of new technology innovation and its application
Back to top