Prudential's Retirement business is seeking a Junior Data Developer with technical and problem-solving acumen to be a hands-on data developer to advance our architectural strategies and innovation efforts.
The Junior Data Developer will build data solutions, technical data designs as well as assist with hands-on implementation of capabilities across multiple data technology domains. The Junior Data Developer will have the opportunity to influence, differentiate, and guide our business and technology strategies by building solutions on modern cloud and on prem platforms.
Prudential Retirement's business is embarking on a multi-year program to build customer-centric platform utilizing contemporary technologies and innovative techniques to deliver employee benefit, employer, and advisor experiences that create and protect financial wellness. We are committed to making the investment to enable large scale business and technology projects to adopt cloud-based products and solutions to increase operational efficiency and enable revenue growth. The multi-program also focuses on leveraging cross-business capabilities within Prudential and partnering with Enterprise groups to enable common technology capabilities for global use across national boundaries. The Junior Data Developer will be expected to contribute to the continued build out and modernization of our data platforms in support of our business strategies
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-3 years of developer experience working on data platforms
- Experience with Cloud components (AWS) including S3, EC2, Postgres, Redshift, DynamoDb, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, and Lambda preferred.
- Understanding of relational databases (RDB) and RDB design required
- Experience with AI & Machine learning preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast pace environment preferred
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- A creative and analytical problem solver focused on translating complex business problems into architecturally sound technical solutions
- Ability to translate complicated concepts into easily understood terms
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
Meet Some of Prudential's Employees
Whitney J.Senior Digital Product Manager, Customer Office
Whitney figures out how Prudential’s products can achieve business outcomes while meeting customer demands. She then works with the tech and design teams to bring those visions to life.
Back to top