Investment Vice President, Private Equity Co-Investments
- Newark, NJ
The Prudential Insurance Company's Alternative Assets Group is seeking a private equity investment professional to join its growing private equity platform based in Newark, NJ. The Alternative Assets Group is responsible for managing over $ 10 .0 billion in assets, comprised of private equity and hedge funds, as well as real estate and other investments in real assets on behalf of Prudential.
Prudential's private equity portfolio, with a current net asset value of approximately $ 5 billion, includes investments in buyout, growth , venture, mezzanine and distressed funds, as well as selective co-investments.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Assist the Private Equity portfolio manager in managing the co-investment portfolio;
- Originate, underwrite and execute equity and junior capital/debt co-investments in partnership with fund relationship managers;
- Perform ongoing monitoring, analysis and reporting of the co-investment portfolio;
- Work with operations, accounting, tax and legal departments as part of the investment due diligence and execution process.
- Support identification, underwriting and monitoring of fund relationships expected to generate co-investment opportunities.
- 10 years of relevant work experience with a successful track record of underwriting and executing equity and junior debt co-investments;
- MBA or CFA preferred;
- Credit or Leveraged Finance banking/training a plus;
- Strong network of industry relationships;
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision-making skills;
- Strong analytical and modeling skills ;
- Solid verbal and written communication skills;
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills .
Back to top