Prudential Financial, Inc. (PFI) is a multi-national financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com.
As part of the Corporate Controllers Department and the CFO Organization of PFI, the Finance Shared Services organization is responsible for the controllership activities in support of the U.S. business units including the International activities performed domestically. The Financial Reporting team supports GAAP and Statutory reporting across multiple legal entities, including subsidiary financial statements, disclosures, analysis, various regulatory filing submissions, and internal and external audit support. The team partners with Business Unit Finance areas, PGIM Controllers and individual PGIM Businesses, Investment Operations teams and other corporate areas.
The Financial Reporting Specialist position will support the Financial Reporting team with responsibility for various subsidiary financial statements, disclosures and regulatory filings. This position will provide the candidate exposure to the company's asset management businesses, as well as GAAP SEC financial reporting requirements.
- Preparation of various PGIM subsidiary financial statements and disclosures, legal entity financial statement driver analysis, while ensuring the control, timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements
- Preparation of analysis and reporting data in support of disclosures for inclusion in PFI 10-K/Q and subsidiary financial statements
- Partner with Business Unit Finance teams, certain asset management areas, Corporate areas and other internal business partners on accounting and reporting matters
- Preparation and completion of stand-alone audited financial statements and footnote preparation (including collaboration with various external auditors and several internal support teams) which are filed with domestic regulators, and/or used for client purposes
- Assist with the implementation of new or updated GAAP accounting guidance
- Continuously identify efficiencies and improve effectiveness by determining best practices
- Support quarterly/annual audits by Internal Auditors, as well as, Independent External Auditors
- Maintain internal controls over financial reporting and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Support special projects, initiatives, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests