Financial Reporting Specialist
Prudential Financial, one of America's largest diversified financial Services Companies, seeks a skilled and highly motivated individual to become part of our team as a Financial Reporting Specialist in the Group Insurance Finance area based in Roseland, NJ.
The successful candidate will coordinate all aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and annual Group Insurance financial results for the Group Life and Disability products. The financial reports are prepared on both a GAAP and Statutory basis. This involves reporting results that support external presentations as well as developing and providing internal management reporting perspective. This area is highly visible and involves partnering with the Group Insurance Planning & Analysis, various areas in the Group Insurance business (Actuarial, Operations, Sales) and several Corporate areas (Controllers, Tax, SEC Reporting Unit, Fed Reporting Unit). This area also provides significant support to external and internal auditors for quarterly reviews and audits.
The position offers the candidate an excellent opportunity to develop and utilize their leadership skills and provides the opportunity to implement process improvements. The successful candidate will also play an active role in partnering with the Business to evaluate strategic initiatives.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Analyze trends and variances within the various lines of the product income statements and balance sheets while ensuring the financial statements are well controlled, timely and accurate.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management reporting.
- Support quarterly/annual audits by Internal Auditors, independent external auditors, and federal reporting requirements.
- Identify and implement improvements to controls and the financial reporting processes.
- Participate in ad-hoc reports, projects and analysis for management.
- Support Business management regarding financial impact of various strategic initiatives and coordinate implementation of accounting guidance for new products.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP and/or Statutory accounting and reporting
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables and meet deadlines under challenging time frames
- Strong collaborative, communication and partnering skills
- Ability to succeed both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods
Back to top