Experienced Financial Professional
- Tampa, FL
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, one of the Prudential Financial Companies, is looking for men and women who are ready for a rewarding career opportunity selling insurance and financial services products and committed to making an impact in the lives of the people they touch.
The Financial Professional position is a sales position with The Prudential Insurance Company of America selling insurance and financial services. Financial Professionals assist their clients with a range of insurance and investment needs; either as a generalist or with one or more special areas of expertise, such as fee-based financial planning*, insurance for business needs, or estate planning needs.
Key activities of the Financial Professional include:
- Sell insurance and investment products
- Solicit new customers through approved techniques and methods
- Provide client service for the products they own
- Conserve existing insurance and investments
Essential Job Functions
As our representative, the Financial Professional must have a full understanding of all our products and be able to recommend to appropriate solutions in the interest of the customer. Financial Professionals develop and sustain long-term relationships between Prudential and our policyholders that will benefit all parties - client, Prudential, and Financial Professional.
The Financial Professional's general duties include the responsibility to:
- Prospect for clients, develop insurance and investment strategies and make sales presentations regularly for a broad range of life and non-life insurance contracts and financial products and services sold by Prudential Financial companies.
- Propose insurance and investment products appropriate to the clients' needs and ability to pay.
- Make the necessary adjustments in the clients' portfolios as their needs and objectives change. Although many transactions are handled by the Customer Service Office, the Financial Professional should understand how to provide service, such as processing loans, surrenders, changes in beneficiary, claims, policy options, and the like, as well as being able to explain to clients the effect of these transactions.
- Maintain in force the existing insurance and investments products of clients, secure the reinstatement of insurance that has lapsed, and perform all the duties incident to the care and conservation of the business assigned by Prudential. This may apply to all policies, whether or not the insurance was originally sold by the Financial Professional.
- Maintain records of account, and render when required, on forms provided by Prudential, a report of all business transacted and complete accounting of all monies received on behalf of Prudential Financial companies.
- Conform to and abide by the procedures, rules and requirements of Prudential Financial companies, of regulatory bodies, and the state or states where the Financial Professional Associate operates.
- Five or more years as a full time, commission based, financial services sales professional preferred
- Active life insurance license required
- FINRA series 6 registration preferred (if not, must be obtained within 90 days of hire)
- Revenue Focused (Sales Influence and Persuasion, Sales Resilience, Sales Initiative)
- Self Confident and Autonomous
- Drive and Initiative
- Responsible and Committed
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Good Business Communication Skills
- Ability to Problem Solve, and develop ideas
- Good Critical Thinking
- High school diploma or GED qualification required
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Securities products and services are offered through Pruco Securities, LLC.
Back to top