We are a Fortune 50 financial services leader with a dynamic and diverse workforce and a strong emphasis on talent management. Our High Tech Investigations Unit is seeking an experienced individual for the position of eDiscovery Specialist. In this capacity, the eDiscovery Specialist is responsible for implementing Prudential's quality-controlled, efficient, and defensible discovery process as it relates to electronically stored information (ESI). The eDiscovery Specialist works closely with Prudential's Discovery Services Team to manage all aspects of electronic discovery for the firm's litigation and regulatory matters. The eDiscovery Specialist has the opportunity to use their experience and industry knowledge to provide best practices guidance and ensure that Prudential's eDiscovery process continues to be world-class.
Reporting to the HTIU eDiscovery manager, the successful candidate must be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment with changing priorities. The eDiscovery Specialist will be required to possess strong technical skills and experience with litigation support technologies and vendors. Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed as there will be significant interaction with associates at all levels of the organization, including attorneys from many practice groups, legal professionals, the business records management community and outside counsel. The successful candidate will be able to multi-task and work independently under tight time constraints.
The roles, responsibilities, and skill requirements include:
- Collecting and preserving ESI using industry standard tools and best practices.
- Processing data, including the application of search terms and running analytical tasks in Prudential's eDiscovery tools.
- Tracking and managing eDiscovery requests to completion while keeping clients, in-house, and outside counsel apprised of developments.
- Partnering with the Discovery Services Team to successfully complete projects in a defensible and efficient manner.
- Developing and implementing training on the use of Prudential's eDiscovery tools.
- Keep current with and benchmark peer companies and e-discovery industry subject matter experts to identify best practices.
- Working closely with Prudential's IT departments to troubleshoot technical issues involving preservation of data.
- Assisting in managing the firm's eDiscovery and forensic tools.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or digital forensics
- Minimum two years of IT or industry related experience
- Knowledge of and experience with eDiscovery methodology, best practices, and processing and review platforms (Relativity preferred)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with personal computers, mobile devices, and server hardware, including RAID networked drive storage systems
- Experience using Microsoft O365 Security and Compliance Center.
- Experience using Microsoft PowerShell.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Apple (OS X/iOS), operating systems
- Knowledge of programming and database languages (PowerShell)
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel if required
- Computer expertise in Microsoft Office 365 and an understanding of the impact of technology
- Experience using EnCase. X-Ways, or similar forensic tools.
- EnCE, ACE, CFCE, GCFE, or similar industry-accepted certifications preferred.
Back to top