Director, Transaction Screening - Multifamily Agency Finance (Arlington, VA)
PGIM Real Estate Finance ("PGIM REF") is one of the nation's largest full-service commercial, multi-family and agricultural real estate lenders. PGIM REF originates a wide variety of mortgage investments across its platform for Prudential's General Account, investment management clients, and other third party capital sources (such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, or other institutional investors).
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
Provide support to origination staff on Agency requirements and deal structuring; initial point of contact for origination staff for Agency transactions.
Primary liaison between PGIM REF and Agency production and credit staff with input, as necessary from PGIM REF Chief and/or Deputy Chief Underwriter on unique deal structures and/or underwriting exceptions.
Possess and apply thorough knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac policies and procedures.
Size, Structure and Price individual transactions for origination staff to win new business.
Prepare, review and submit quality quote requests to Agencies within 24 - 48 hours of screening, with support from assigned Analysts. Assess issues and provide intelligent risk based solutions aligned with PGIM REF and Agency program requirements and guidelines.
Coordinate between origination and Credit/Chief Underwriter when structuring issues arise at origination.
Provide full and timely disclosure of transactional risks (known at the time) to ensure open communication among all team members during initial screening process.
Review Agency response letters for accuracy.
Prepare Loan Applications for signature and negotiate approved changes in conjunction with legal.
Responsible for handoff from Origination to Underwriting.
Manage analytical staff assignments to assure timing expectations met and accuracy of information.
Mentoring of Deal Manager/Origination Analysts, as appropriate.
• 7-10 years of experience in underwriting, structuring and/or pricing transactions preferred.
• Very strong product knowledge of Agency financing with structuring and underwriting knowledge across all product types (structured, seniors, multifamily, etc).
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven working relationship with Agencies a must.
• Strong technical underwriting/analytical skills, along with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Critical thinking skills essential, with the ability to make timely decisions, when appropriate.
• Excellent time management skills; ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize.
• A leader and team player, candidate must work well in a multi-functional collaborative environment and demonstrate a strong work ethic and a commitment to customer service.
• Strong verbal and written skills are essential.
Back to top