Prudential Advisors division is Prudential's national sales organization, consisting of 3,000 financial professionals, advisors and fee-based financial planners. Our advisors offer a broad range of financial solutions to meet the needs of our individual clients. Through continuous integration and adaption, we've been able to connect individuals and families with knowledgeable, caring financial professionals since 1875.
Our Advisors Eastern Territory Team is looking for a Director, Sales Support and Oversight. This person is responsible for the overall effectiveness of the firm's operations in each parent location and associated offices. This includes supporting the firm's business processes, expense and sales planning and monitoring as well as managing overall firm operations, including direct support of the Managing Director's supervision of financial professional's business practices and trending. This position is also responsible for development of plans and processes to ensure the firm is operating effectively and in a compliant manner and is the key business partner for the Managing Director. This position has core operational responsibilities and depending on the needs of the Managing Director, may participate in managing marketing aspects in the firm. This position also has managerial oversight of the Operations and Controls staff and has a dual reporting relationship to the Managing Director and the VP, Territory Operations & Control.
Manage Control Policy and Procedures:
- Supporting Supervision - key partner in supporting inspection and review of parent and detached offices; identify areas of concern to the Managing Director and the VP, Territory Operations & Control regarding potential investigation or discipline of producers by following company guidelines, resolve control and human resources issues not handled by the Managing Director.
- Applies solid judgment and exhibits courage in decision making and proactively raises issues to the VP, Territory Operations & Control and senior management, as necessary.
- Using established policies/procedures, consulting with other organizations such as Compliance, Law, Human Resources, Audit, etc., analyzing data and trends, developing new and/or improved solutions to problems, etc.
- Perform necessary reviews such as client files, supervisory action plans, incoming and outgoing mail, outside business activities, etc. Conduct compliance training and provide day-to-day proactive guidance to local management and sales professionals.
- Analyze business processes to identify the strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify and analyze key information from various sources in order to identify trends and concerns. Analyze compliance related data along with other pertinent information to assess the level of compliance risk and exposures in the field office.
- Tests the adequacy of processes and controls and presenting the results to local management.
- Monitor key risk indicators in the agency to identify potential risk issues in the business environment and develops meaningful action plans to correct negative trends and behaviors.
Business Planning and Administration:
- Analyzes the risks, benefits, and impact of decisions on the present and future business environment prior to taking action.
- Develops actionable recommendations. Demonstrates an understanding of the business in its entirety and works to achieve results across disciplines, departments, functions, and all company channels.
- Provides direct support to the Managing Director in developing and executing business initiatives to continually improve results.
- Develops strategic business and operational plans for the firm and Prudential Advisors.
- May work with outside vendors.
- Develops and implements programs to ensure cost effective use and application of personnel, technology and time.
- May act as leader of organization during MD absence.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external customers (sales professionals, 2nd line management, Managing Director, the Sales Support and Oversight community, and Home Office partners).
- Responsible for resolving problem cases or issues with service centers and home office support areas.
- Partners with firm management to support recruiting, selection, and onboarding of Experienced Financial Professionals.
- This includes assisting in the interview process as appropriate, helping the new hire better understand Prudential's business model and operating standards, and ensuring Experienced Financial Professionals are well versed in the fiduciary standard and Prudential's corresponding policies and procedures and operating standards.
- Provides direction and effectively leads by example to ensure that all services are meeting the stated business objectives on a timely basis with excellent quality results.
- Demonstrates flexibility, anticipates customer needs, and effectively communicates in a manner consistent with the audience (verbal, written, presentation).
- Manages company procedures for handling customer complaints.
- Serves as key contact and resource for approved marketing materials.
Coordination of Activities with Home Office:
- Partners with other business centers and home office areas to identify areas to maximize resources and improve operational and control efficiencies and effectiveness.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Training & Development, may coordinate Home Office Representative (Wholesalers, Trainers etc.) visits to the firm.
- Partners with the Managing Director to coordinate annual meetings in the firm that facilitate sales, marketing and growth.
- Develops and sustains effective and mutually beneficial relationships between sales professionals, field management, the Operations & Control community and home office partners.
- Collaborates with home office leadership and directs local teams to assure strategic, operational and developmental goals of the firm are met.
- Securities Licenses 7, 63 and/or 66 required; 24 preferred or obtainable within 120 days
- Variable and Life Licenses
- 5 years experience in the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of insurance and/or investment products
- Leadership experience in financial services running an operation of comparable size and scope
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people including clients, financial professionals, home office and sales executives
- Budgeting/finance experience
- Company compliance policy and insurance broker/dealer laws and regulations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to execute, good organization skills, risk identification skills, management courage and decisiveness
- Must be comfortable in front of large and small audiences
- Good PC skills (Word/Excel)
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to travel 10%