Director, Quality Engineering
Prudential's Retirement Technology group is seeking a Director, Quality Engineering with a proven track record for leading a multi-sourced testing team of at least 100 associates across a portfolio of projects. In this role you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Quality Engineering function including establishing standards and guidelines enterprise-wide or business specific, as well as reviewing procedures that will ensure the quality of all systems development projects initiated or maintained by the information technology management/services area. The scope of responsibility includes both the quality testing of software code as well as the related processes across the application development lifecycle.
This role will lead the transformation from Quality Assurance to Quality Engineering with a focus on automation to drive the quality process left. You are expected to know how to motivate your team while driving change to ensure automation and non-functional testing as a priority through behavior driven development built through feature file testing models.
Experience delivering results across multiple stakeholders and methodologies with a focus on cost, efficiency and quality is a must. In addition to delivering on portfolio commitments, the candidate will need to drive a quality engineering and test automation strategy with an overall goal of Continuous Delivery with experience building DevOps Pipeline through a Quality Engineering lens. The candidate will be responsible for solving a wide variety of business and technology solutions by applying contextually relevant process and practice, using tools and technology, applying soft leadership skills, negotiating across levels and developing high performing teams.
This Director involves being at the forefront of test automation practices, leading a team through the design, implementation and enhancement of new and existing automation frameworks and application specific solutions to suit challenges encountered. The candidate will work with a range of technologies including Java, UNIX, Mainframe, SQL, Desktop, Cloud, Web and Mobile applications. Staying abreast of industry trends is a must, as well as keeping up to speed on process, practice and technology developments internally and externally, ensuring they are brought in-house to enhance the solutions applied for testing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving results across the portfolio of projects while meeting cost, efficiency and quality targets
- Demonstrating strong portfolio management and quality engineering knowledge and is able to guide both junior, senior team members and third-party vendor partners
- Expert at managing large, complex releases, resource deployments, capacity utilization and succession planning across the testing organization
- Developing departmental plans, including business and/or organization priorities with decisions being guided by the strategy and direction of the department
- Financial aptitude to closely managed budgets and drive efficiencies
- Formulating and executing on strategic testing initiatives that meet business and IT challenges
- Pro-actively optimizing current processes and practices
- Objectively analyzing competitive products and technologies and making appropriate suggestions to influence direction with senior stakeholders
- Devising test data management strategies across all test environments
- Understanding business needs and collaborating with development leadership to construct appropriate test solutions
- Applying strong analytical thinking to establish value add metrics and measures
- Involvement in hiring, mentoring, management and development of high performing teams
- Strong Vendor Partner management and influencing skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services industry leading testing organizations, project portfolios, strategic initiatives, and annual planning across a portfolio of at least $50M
- Minimum 5 years of experience with vendor management, with a proven track record of negotiating and managing large, complex technology and services contracts with both strategic sourcing partners and key hardware and software vendors
- Ability to drive ideas from concept to successful implementation and maintenance
- Strong experience in a leadership role with exceptional leadership skills; demonstrates a passion for guiding and developing others; seeks feedback
- Experience with raBIDD, SOAP AI, Rest Assured, Informatic, Sauce Labs, Sonarqube, JMeter, JAWS, Zaproxy, Loadrunner, Selenium, JIRA XRAY, Performance Center, JUnit, Python, AppScan, Checkmarx, Test Data Management approaches, Color Constant Analyzer and SAFE Agile
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience
Back to top