Director Project Management, PGIM Fixed Income
- Newark, NJ
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets.
The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of June 30,2020, the firm has $920 billion of assets under management.Over 700 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
The Program Management Office (PMO) of PGIM Fixed Income manages a portfolio of large multi-functional assignments sponsored by Senior Leadership that execute the business strategy of PGIM Fixed Income.
These high-impact initiatives are designed to achieve the following business drivers:
1. Implement capabilities for optimizing and improving processes to generate flexibility, improve timeliness, and create scalable processes
2. Leverage existing and new third-party tools to maximize the value of applications
3. Raise technical aptitudes, be a champion of change, and enable self-service across the organization to create further scale
4. Deploy global collaboration and workflow tools to improve efficiency
The PGIM Fixed Income PMO team is looking for Director with demonstrated capabilities within a buy side asset management organization who has an affinity for project management, process improvement, and / or consulting-like assignments.
The selected candidate will be expected to lead by example and possess a deep interest in understanding the business issues at hand in conjunction with implementing technology-driven and business process solutions that achieve the above business drivers.
Identify and lead the implementation of process improvements that meaningfully improve efficiencies and quality of data.
Drive collaboration across various functions and project team members throughout the planning and execution cycles for deliverables.
Ensure resource allocations are accurate and frequently monitored for resource contention.
Provide direction and assurance that plans align with and support organizational strategic initiatives. Aid with prioritization and sequencing of active and pending projects.
Creation and maintenance of plans, tasks, and status updates; identify and document project milestones and key emerging risks through task lists, project status updates, meeting agendas, meeting summaries, etc.
Review and drive documentation of current processes and provide business recommendations to restructure and improve processes; Leverage technologies to create efficiencies, as appropriate; Implement new processes / technical solutions and train business partners
Coordination of multiple internal and external partners to achieve a desired business outcome; be persistent, direct, and flexible when carrying out follow-ups with business partners to move an initiative forward
Frequent communication for Senior Leadership of PGIM Fixed Income and project sponsors to provide status and progress updates including milestones, dependencies, risks, costs, metrics, etc.
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
• 6-10 years of relevant work experience preferred including 3 years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience required.
• Demonstrated experience in leadership for project or business management role(s) including planning, execution, monitoring, and control of large, complex cross-functional projects
• Agile experience is preferred
• Excellent problem-solving skills, both conceptual and analytical; Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
• Proven self-starter with confidence to carry forward a large-scale project through planning, execution, and closing phases; Ability to multi-task and prioritize work across multiple initiatives / projects
• Strong Office365 skills, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, MS Project, Teams, Planner, Flow, and Visio skills preferred
• Buy Side Asset Management industry experience preferred; Knowledge of public fixed income strategies a plus
Back to top