Director, Project Management
- Newark, NJ
Oversees, directs and leads the planning and implementation of multiple large, complex, transformational initiatives, in an environment of cultural and organizational change within Prudential's Law, Compliance, Business Ethics and External Affairs Project Management Office. The candidate will i nteract with cross business groups and senior management on projects that have significant impact to Prudential. Incumbent will have the ability to translate complex ideas into actionable deliverables and is directly responsible for coordination of all aspects of project management, including business requirements, project plan development, project resources, internal and external communications, budget planning, prioritization and interdependencies of project or key milestones, user training, risk management, and tracking and reporting of project results to senior management.
- Program manage large cross-functional initiatives and teams (across business and system groups) in the planning and implementation of multiple projects or sub-projects aligning under more complex projects or programs yielding significant financial, organizational and risk management impact.
- Interact and manage across external vendors, consultants, technology, compliance, law and operations
- Utilize consistent project management tools and maintain reporting; strong knowledge of project management concepts and disciplines required
- Consult with business and technology leaders on project risks, approaches, trade-off decisions, stakeholder and resource management.
- Interface with systems developers and business partners, setting priorities, acceptance testing, end user training, and system roll-out
- Maintain detailed tracking of all projects in a program
- Develop and manage project budgets to ensure accurate and timely expense reporting, and to anticipate and proactively address budget over / under spend.
- Superior program and project management experience skills; minimum of 10 years' experience in program/project management; PMP required.
- Experience l eading organizational transformations in areas of effectiveness, improvement, and development
- Demonstrable specific experience planning and managing large, complex initiatives that span multiple business units and regions
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage changing priorities and manage multiple deliverables with limited or no oversight
- Idea candidate will have experience working in or consulting for a compliance, risk management or internal audit organization (second- or third-line experience)
- Seeks to understand key business risks, marketplace and regulatory environment
- Knowledge and experience in the financial services industry (insurance industry a plus)
- Proven ability in developing relationship with senior business and technology leaders, gaining consensus and driving to accomplish the goals of the program, driving cultural and organizational change, with strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, decision making, and partnership skills; attention to detail a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills, with ability to manage diverse client groups and influence others outside of direct reporting lines
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, speed, and efficiency
- Demonstrates adaptability and agility
- Understand the complexities and nuances of the global environment
- Builds connection and trust both within the function and across all material stakeholders
Back to top