Director, HR Business Partner (Finance)
We have defined our new HR Operating model at Prudential and it requires all Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) to operate as strategic, business leaders with a focus in the areas of: high impact talent, organization effectiveness, performance management and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I).
We are looking for a Director, Human Resources, to join our team, supporting Prudential's Finance Organization.
We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful professional who takes initiative, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is excited about being part of a team responsible for driving organizational change. The successful candidate should possess solid experience navigating the complexities of a large matrixed organization.
The successful candidate will partner with the leaders within the Finance Organization, providing day to day HR business partner consultation. Candidates will have experience in all HR related disciplines including, but not limited to: talent management and development, organizational capability, compensation, recruiting, inclusion and diversity, performance management, and employee relations. This position will report to the Vice President, Human Resources and will be based in Newark, NJ.
- Partner with Finance leaders and our HR team to drive change in the organization
- Advise business leaders on organizational design and effectiveness - with an eye towards building and sustaining a capability led organization
- Direct and enable business leaders on executing all cyclical processes: annual compensation process, performance management, succession planning and the Engagement Quotient (EQ).
- Serve as a coach and liaison between employees and leaders
- Use HR data (e.g., headcount and diversity metrics, retention analysis, work force planning, compensation forecasting and budgeting, and benchmarking) to develop relevant and effective talent strategies and solutions.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key partners across the Prudential HR organization to ensure we are leveraging Prudential's HR capabilities.
- Develop and implement strategies for building and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 years HR generalist experience; solid experience in all major HR disciplines
- Strong customer focus, relationship-building skills, and the ability to deliver commitments on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated business acumen, with proven success in connecting talent strategy with business objectives.
- Ability to effectively influence leaders in making talent and business decisions that drive the right outcomes.
- Prior experience as a driver of change and demonstrated ability to influence change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem- solving skills; ability to make decisions independently and clarify key issues in complex situations.
- Ability to work both independently and within the team
- Demonstration of commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to travel to multiple locations
- Understanding of and ability to operate in an agile environment a plus
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
Back to top