Director, Firm Development
- Columbus, OH
Prudential Advisors' vision - to be the industry's career company of choice - can only be achieved with a highly skilled and successful leadership team. The Director, Firm Development ("DFD") role is a key position in our distribution organization with responsibility for partnering with their Managing Director in leading one of our firms within Prudential Advisors.
The Director, Firm Development is responsible for leading assigned projects and initiatives in the firm, as well as managing the development and performance of front-line managers. Some of these relationships will be direct reports, others will be in support of. The number of direct reports will not exceed 50% of the MFS team. The Director, Firm Development will provide day-to-day support in the planning and execution of strategic growth and productivity plans. They will support the Managing Director in the preparation of meeting materials and presentations, coordination with business partners of special project or marketing work, development of communications, coordination of activities of direct reports, and research of current issues and innovative approaches to traditional problems. Additionally, they will participate in the development of plans and projects, facilitate implementation and monitor results to ensure successful completion. They will also be asked to use their skills to coach and develop financial professionals and managers, financial services. They will be expected to learn and manage key performance indicators in order to maintain a productive, profitable and cost-effective firm. It is expected that through their work with Director, Operations and Controls and staff they will support the regulatory rules and related processes within the firm.
The Director, Firm Development takes direction from, partners with, and reports to the Managing Director of the assigned firm. The DFD is expected to demonstrate and continue to build the following skills:
- Creating and communicating a vision consistent with Prudential Advisors' vision and priorities
- Driving and reinforcing the right outcomes that are consistent with Prudential Advisors' vision and strategy
- Effectively implementing fee-based financial planning and a holistic approach with financial professionals and field managers
- Able to share the value proposition in a compelling way with a diverse slate of candidates, both experienced and inexperienced
- Building trust and integrity throughout the organization; model and support an ethical culture
- Helping establish and maintain a respectful, inclusive and open work environment, where individuals feel supported and able to perform their best
- Promoting an understanding of individual, firm and company compliance requirements, ethical standards, business practices and process and, where necessary, taking appropriate disciplinary actions to address unacceptable behavior
- Assist in managing the operational and administrative elements within the firm including: budgets, performance management, Affirmative Action Plans, etc.
- Setting an example as a role model; setting clear goals for self and others
- Creating a culture of accountability; holding self and others accountable to commitments and results
- Working as a team member to achieve common goals
- Using performance measures to drive appropriate activity
- Participating in the development, implementation, and execution of the annual business plan
- Facilitating the achievement of recruiting, sales and productivity objectives
- Conducting weekly coaching of individuals assigned through PEP Sessions
- Developing front-line management skills in coaching individuals on performance and improving performance to speak candidly with financial professionals who are not meeting goals
- Developing and achieving long-term growth and development of the Firm while meeting short-term goals, e.g., coaching to Teams, personally recruiting experienced financial professionals
- Partnering with firm management to develop and execute firm recruiting and retention plans that address the availability of under-represented and under-served diverse segments
- Developing and modifying recruiting and marketing strategies to reflect demographic changes and to capitalize on niche markets
- Ability to effectively communicate the Prudential Advisor value proposition and maintain an ongoing pipeline of qualified and diverse candidates, both experienced and inexperienced
- Directing and participating in the selection interviewing process
- Adhering to all recruiting and selection guidelines and processes
- Identifying and developing talent for field management positions
- Demonstrated people leadership; identification and development of talent
- Strong managerial skills; demonstrated leadership behaviors
- Relationship building skills
- Financial acumen
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge; strong coaching skills
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to influence others
- Analytical ability: Critical Thinking and Problem-solving skills
- Organization/time management/prioritization skills
- Demonstrated presentation/oral communication skills
- Active in professional and community organizations
- Life/Health and Variable licenses where required
- Series 7, 24 and 26
- Series 63 or 66 registrations
- S65 or IAR status
- Property & Casualty license
This position is being posted for the NACK Firm in Prudential Advisors. Candidates are expected to have their primary residence in the geographic scope of the firm. This role requires 25 - 30% travel.
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current position if they are an internal applicant.
Insurance is issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America and its affiliates. Securities offered by Pruco Securities, LLC (Pruco). The Prudential Insurance Company of America and Pruco are Prudential Financial companies located in Newark, NJ.
Back to top