The Global Communications team directs internal employee and external communications efforts to ensure the company's messages are aligned and delivered in accordance with Prudential's goals and policies. To best partner with our businesses, we are expanding our Communications team that supports Workplace Solutions.
Reporting to Vice President, Head of Global Communications for Prudential's Workplace Solutions Group, this role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- External Communications Strategy, Executive Visibility Platform and Media Relations for the President of Prudential Retirement
- External Communications Strategy, Executive Visibility Platform and Media Relations for the Head of Investment & Pension Solutions
- Day-to-day client management (including communications strategy and media relations) for the four businesses of Investment & Pension Solutions:
- Pension Risk Transfer
- Longevity Reinsurance
- Stable Value
- Structured Settlements
The director will be part of the broader Global Communications team supporting the Workplace businesses of Prudential and could have additional duties.
Develops, coordinates, implements and or administers public relations and internal communications programs directed toward the news communications media and to industry, stockholders and or employees.
Develops, implements and administers policies for designated business units and or specialized areas on a global basis, consistent with company goals and strategies.
Manages the organizations media relationships and serves as spokesperson on public relations issues of moderate complexity and sensitivity.
Participates in image management activities through the media and external affairs associates. Responsible for special events and some aspects of internal communications. Coordinates the timing and content of Prudential messages with the media and internal communications associates. Counsels client management on press matters.
Acts as internal expert, consultant and program project manager and represents the organization to external groups, trade associations, agencies, customers, stockholders and vendors.
This is the first level of full management responsibility with direct supervision of individual contributors and support staff.
Note Only Global Marketing Communications associates are permitted to speak to the media.
- Bachelor's degree in any field of academic rigor; Master's degree a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in public relations/communications with an understanding of editorial, business and media cycles.
- Public Relations Agency experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Financial Services products and services is a plus.
- Experience developing and writing multi-channel content including social media; digital content strategy, management and storytelling.
- Experience in and ability to develop and manage relationships with media targets and reporters.
- Executive presence with an ability to work effectively and collaboratively within complex organizations. Teamwork a must.
- Clear, concise and engaging writing ability. Written portfolio samples required.
- Experience communicating ideas through written or verbal communications, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Campaign orientation with experience in supporting business objectives through communications that drive awareness and impact.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage simultaneously longer-term strategic assignments and immediate needs to produce high-quality results in a timely manner.
- Ability to synthesize complex subject matter, translating technical subjects into relatable storylines.
- Critical and creative thinker. Apply intellectual curiosity to all aspects of the role.
Back to top