Director, Change Management
Who we are looking for:
- Are you a change management expert who has a deep passion for helping people see their best potential?
- Are you someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and is comfortable forging new paths?
- Are you relentless in bringing your experience and knowledge from multiple sources to make it happen?
- Are you a leader who isn't afraid to challenge and bring their unique perspective to the table?
Why we are looking for you :
We are hyper-focused on tomorrow and are setting on a journey to make the lives of our customers better by solving the financial challenges of their changing world. This journey will call for significant change in how we build capabilities, leverage technology, and activate our people-and all of this will require a team of motivated change management experts-like you-to make it happen.
What your role will be:
We are looking for a Director of Change Management who will help build our global Transformative Change Center of Excellence while delivering change expertise to our business leaders. This person will help build change management methodology and tools while also translating business strategy into change management strategy for internal clients. In addition, this person will lead implementation of change plans in close partnership with business groups and leaders across the enterprise. The Director of Change Management will report directly to the Vice President Head of Transformative Change and will have administrative responsibility over a team of 1-4 Change Managers.
Location: Newark, NJ 30% travel
What you will be doing:
Develop the Transformative Change Center of Excellence:
- Support development of Prudential's perspective on change by developing enterprise-level change management frameworks, methodologies, tools, and resources.
- Lead small CoE-internal project teams to develop accompanying change management tools and resources.
- Enable leaders with best practices on how to drive change within their organizations and among themselves and their employees.
- Design change interventions (digital and in-person) which help employees become more change agile.
- Serve as a thought-partner and sounding board to the Head of Transformative Change on the future direction and steering of the CoE
- Support the Head of Transformative Change with team management/development and stakeholder management
- Build robust project sponsorship by engaging, supporting, and coaching senior leaders who are critical to drive transformation.
- Deliver project-specific change management advisory to business leaders in the form of change management assessments, strategies, plans, and initiatives which solve identified business change needs
- Define success metrics and measurable outcomes, monitor change progress, and align progress with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build strategies and plans including but not limited to, business leaders, functional leaders, HR business partners, and project management.
- Support project communication planning efforts in terms of design, development, delivery, and management of communications.
- Lead where needed project stakeholder management in support of internal client's transformation initiatives.
What we are looking for in your background:
- 6-8 years professional experience with large-scale organizational change and transformation efforts
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, industrial psychology, or related-field
- Required skills:
- Deep change management expertise
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem solving, root-cause analysis skills
- Active listening skills; ability to translate data into key insights
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities
- Proven flexibility and agility to address changing needs
- Robust relationship building, stakeholder management from executives to employees
- Thorough business acumen (i.e., key financial measures of a business)
- Excellent project management skills
- Hyper-focus on quality of deliverables
- Ability to translate concepts into easy-to-understand PowerPoint presentations
Additional preferred experience:
- Advanced degree; MBA preferred
- Management consulting experience
- Experience with organizational design, operating models, cultural change, people performance, digital transformation global delivery networks, post-merger integration, agile methodology
Meet Some of Prudential's Employees
Whitney J.Senior Digital Product Manager, Customer Office
Whitney figures out how Prudential’s products can achieve business outcomes while meeting customer demands. She then works with the tech and design teams to bring those visions to life.
Back to top