Director, Advanced Planning (Southeast)
The Advanced Planning Group provides value-add support to the Prudential Annuities' Sales and Distribution organization. The Advanced Planning Field Director will spend 70-80% of the time travelling an assigned territory presenting at broker dealer sales conferences, Prudential sponsored due diligence meetings, wholesaler sponsored road shows and select financial advisor sponsored client seminars. Presentations subject matter includes retirement planning, Social Security, estate planning, tax planning and advanced financial planning. The director will also educate and share actionable advanced sales ideas with the wholesalers, financial advisors and broker dealer home office personnel. Home office responsibilities include developing presentations and collateral advanced marketing material.
- Conduct 5 to 10 public presentations a week on subjects including annuities, IRAs, retirement, estate and tax planning
- Deliver the highest quality sales support to our sales offices and distribution partners with support focused on sophisticated sales concepts and case designs.
- Maintain calendar so 70-80% of the time is in the field in an assigned territory
- Prepare presentations, marketing material and sales ideas on matters that could affect retirement and financial planning industry
- Maintain and expand knowledge and establish ongoing expertise on market trends that could affect the retirement and annuity industry
- Stay current on legislative and tax changes that could affect the retirement and annuity industry
- Provide case consultation on estate, retirement and tax planning.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance regarding tax laws issues.
- Design, develop, write, train and present Advanced Planning concepts.
- Drive and dramatically improve awareness regarding the need for financial and tax planning.
- Provide proactive strategic marketing ideas/concepts in partnership with our marketing teams to drive increased awareness and facilitate profitable growth.
- Establish reputation of being an industry thought leader.
- Author article(s) for publication in financial magazines and periodicals
- Work with business leaders and managers across Prudential Annuities Sales & Distribution to identify skills gaps, coaching opportunities and to develop/design Advanced Planning solutions.
- Drive ongoing advanced planning needs analysis, design, scripting, development, assessment, implementation and evaluation to ensure alignment with business strategy
- Provide technical and cognitive support to the Continuing Education department, including creating and delivering presentations
- Serve as the Project Manager for strategic, high impact training initiatives regarding advanced planning topics, as assigned
- Serve as the relationship manager with primary internal customers including external and internal sales, marketing, tax and legal department
Our successful candidate has :
- 7-10 years of financial services experience
- Deep advanced planning knowledge and expertise Extensive knowledge of retirement, estate and tax planning concepts and strategies
- Excellent technical research, writing and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- JD degree and/or other specialized designation (e.g., CPA/CFP/CLU/ChFC) strongly preferred
- FINRA Series 6/7, 63 and Life Insurance for State of residence (or must be obtained within 180 days of hire)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a focus on translating complicated information into easily
understood training and marketing materials, and sales strategies
- Excellent analytical abilities with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving, organization and time management skills with the ability to perform well under pressure - - Strong partnership and relationship management skills
- Highest standards of integrity, honesty, moral and ethical values
- Ability to travel approximately 70-80% of the time
Preferred Location: This individual would support the southeastern United States. Due to the amount of travel needed, this individual should ideally reside in the southeast geographical area.
Meet Some of Prudential's Employees
Whitney J.Senior Digital Product Manager, Customer Office
Whitney figures out how Prudential’s products can achieve business outcomes while meeting customer demands. She then works with the tech and design teams to bring those visions to life.
Back to top