Director, Actuary (Actuarial Strategy & Initiatives)
- Newark, NJ
With our purpose of making lives better by solving the financial challenges of our changing world, Prudential Financial has helped individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth for more than 140 years. With operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America, we provide customers with a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management and real estate services.
The Actuarial Strategy & Initiatives team is seeking a motivated individual who will actively contribute to the analysis, assessment and communication of cross-functional insights on ongoing and emerging actuarial initiatives and regulatory developments (e.g. FASB Targeted Improvements, IAIS Risk-Based Global Insurance Capital Standard, Value of new business).The associate will play a key role in achieving the team objectives through cross functional collaboration with business unit actuaries, corporate oversight actuaries, business unit finance, corporate finance, modeling/enterprise capabilities, and other relevant business partners.
Partner with Valuation and Accounting Policy team in developing enterprise policy guidance and insights for emerging regulatory and reporting initiatives (e.g., GAAP Targeted Improvements)
Lead the enterprise level response to emerging Regulatory Standard development (e.g. IAIS Field Test for Global Risk-based Insurance Capital Standard), participate industry discussion to advocate Prudential position, and work with SEC reporting and Investor Relation to develop the external communication strategy
Lead cross-functional efforts for emerging actuarial initiatives and develop the internal management reporting metrics to provide useful insight to management.
Partner with Modeling team to design the future state of the reporting infrastructure and process for valuation and forecasting.
Partner with Valuation team to perform results review under various reporting initiatives and identify the opportunities to refine the methodology and/or analytics/insights.
• Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar majors
• FSA with at least 5 years of relevant actuarial experience, preferably with GAAP/STAT valuation and reporting in life insurance company context
• Broad understanding and relevant experience with Life and/or Annuities products
• Strong Microsoft Office skills required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Strong quantitative and analytics skills, including the ability to understand the concepts and access situation in a timely manner.
• Strong motivation and agility to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with high quality standard
• Strong collaboration and teamwork skills with open-mindedness and positive attitude
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to tailor messages to a variety of audience
Back to top