Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time.
Are you passionate about providing a best in class DEV OPS solutions? Are you energized by DEV OPS transformation programs, new technology implementations, strategy, operational initiatives and being a change agent?
You will be part of the Solution Delivery Enablement (SDE) team. You and your peers of DEV OPS specialists will receive day-to-day leadership from the Product Owner and Team Leads.
We will provide you with opportunities to develop your skill set, stretch into new areas and work on transformational initiatives.
The DEV OPS Specialist would need to have extensive experience building scripted CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and AWS Services.
You will be working as part of a highly collaborative team in design and implementation of various build and release operations (CI/CD) enabling various Global Technology initiatives. You will engage regularly with various stakeholders in development, operations and emerging technology and controls to gather requirements and implement purpose-built solutions.
As a member of a highly efficient SDE team, the ideal candidate will be able to self-manage, taking a task either individually or as part of the team, and see it through to completion. The SDE team is constantly striving to stay current with the latest technologies.
Some of your day to day responsibilities are:
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines at scale for various set of technologies and not limited to (Java Spring Boot, Node JS, Python, .NET, Salesforce).
- Integrating CI/CD pipelines with Atlassian tool suite
- Continually improve CI/CD tools, processes and procedures.
- Build, maintain, and scale CI/CD infrastructure for Production, QA, and Dev environments.
- Participate in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools across our cloud and on premise stack.
- Work closely with Development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
- Write and maintain required design and procedural documentation.
- Own production incidents/issues and provide level 2 response to incidents and alerts.
- Work with internal and external business partners to resolve issues and deliver work products with high quality.
- Proven experience with the following tools and technologies
o Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence)
o Jenkins, AWS Code Build, AWS Code Pipeline
o ANT, Gradle, Maven, Docker, Ansible
o Groovy, Python, Perl, Java
o Sonarqube, Artifactory and Checkmarx
- Confident and knowledge in Agile delivery methods in a scaled manner (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe).
- Familiarity with complete suite of AWS Services, with particular depth in those that are heavily used when providing DevOps Automation solutions, including tools like CloudFormation, Code Build, Code Pipeline, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, EC2, IAM,Route 53, S3, RDS, SES and VPC.
- Proven experience with a UNIX shell scripting language such as Bash, Ruby, Perl and Python.
- Proven experience building CI/CD pipelines at scale for the following technologies: Java, Java Spring Boot, Node JS, Python, .NET, Salesforce
- Experience working in financial services and insurance industry vertical
- Experience with code repositories (Git), continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins, Maven or Gradle.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and operations concepts (blue/green, canary, dark deployments).
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL/TLS, Layer 3 and Layer 7 load balancing, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving and analysis capabilities
- Clear, professional communications (listening, oral and written communications)
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated track record as a team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Financial Services and Insurance Industry experience a plus