Dedicated Retirement Counselor, Atlanta GA
- Atlanta, GA
The primary responsibility of the Retirement Counselor is to provide retirement education and expertise to our client and their employees located throughout Atlanta, GA. The successful candidate selected will be responsible for:
- Developing strategic relationships with site contacts within their assigned territory.
- Spending 80% - 90% of their time at client locations delivering effective group and individual meetings to diverse audiences on topics such as: features and benefits of the employer sponsored Defined Contribution (DC) retirement plan(s), financial wellness and retirement readiness.
- Working closely with internal business partners delivering increased client value.
- Acting as the "voice of the customer" by relaying important client feedback obtained during on-site visits to the appropriate Retirement Services area (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Client services, Transition Team).
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 licenses required
- State life insurance license strongly preferred (must be acquired within 90 days of hire)
- Minimum 3-5 years financial services/retirement experience preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Be well versed in Deferred Compensation and Defined Contribution Plans as well as retirement planning concepts
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of mutual funds/separate accounts, with an understanding of the risk/reward tradeoff for all securities
- Have experience with a consultative needs-based approach helping people plan for retirement
- Ability to work independently; results oriented
- Bilingual in Spanish considered a plus
- Must be willing to travel to client locations within the greater Atlanta, GA area.
- Must be able to carry up to 30lbs and navigate pedestrian pathways such as narrow corridors and stairways.
Back to top