DB2 Database Administrator
- West Caldwell, NJ
Responsible for working with user area to determine overall database and application requirements. Using technical and analytical expertise, develops recommendations for database designs and prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts. Responsible for administering procedures for backup recovery, disaster recovery, and performance analysis and database tuning. Coordinates the installation of systems. Determines and resolves problems in support of production databases. Provides training and technical assistance to more junior staff. Leads others to solve complex problems takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead teams or projects.
- Minimum 5 years of DB2/UDB on LUW database administration experience, including installation, performance tuning, monitoring & HADR.
- Experience supporting production environments.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience in Unix shell scripting, shell command, crontab and vi editor
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot complex SQL statements required. Experience with Splunk is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to work well in team and independently
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Back to top