Compliance Analyst - Anti-Money Laundering Unit
- Newark, NJ
Performs detailed analysis of potential and existing clients to identify high-risk criteria, document results, and consult with AMLU Management for appropriate disposition. Monitors new or existing clients for potential suspicious activity, including transaction monitoring for money laundering, terrorist financing or fraud, and undertakes appropriate review including the drafting of Suspicious Activity Reports under the supervision of AMLU Management. Performs other Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC compliance duties as required.
Exercises judgment and discretion in the process of identifying and resolving problems/issues. Utilizes negotiating skills with and provides guidance to business areas by identifying problem situations, analyzing causes and recommending corrective action. Candidate will be responsible for independent case management with moderate to minimal supervision/direction, depending on experience.
- Undergraduate degree in related field and/or relevant experience.
- 5 - 7 years of prior AML and OFAC experience required.
- Prior fraud or compliance experience is a plus.
- Self motivated - ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing work requirements as a member of a dynamic team.
- Must be able to work in a high-volume environment and maintain quality of output.
- Understanding of insurance, annuity, and brokerage systems practices as well as compliance requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Actimize, LexisNexis, Westlaw, Factiva and WorldCheck - also adaptability to new systems a plus.
- Understanding of money laundering laws and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Understanding of cash flows relating to policies/contracts and brokerage accounts.
- Knowledge of Mutual Fund, Life/Annuity, and Broker Dealer products a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Openness to new ideas and seeks opportunities to learn.
- Professional skepticism in assessing appropriateness, objectivity and independence.
- Understand key business risks, marketplace and regulatory environment.
- Establishes themselves as credible voice at the table.
- Leads organizational transformation in areas of effectiveness and improvement.
- Ability to think beyond a problem on its face.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and has the dexterity to adjust as needed.
- Understands the complexities and nuances of a global environment.
- Seeks to understand customer's needs and challenges.
- Collaborates in a fully inclusive and open manner.
Back to top