- Newark, NJ
Prudential Retirement, a division of Prudential Financial, Inc., delivers retirement plan solutions for public, private, and nonprofit organizations. Services include defined contribution, defined benefit and non-qualified deferred compensation recordkeeping, administrative services, investment management, comprehensive financial wellness employee education and communications, and trustee services, as well as a variety of products and strategies, including institutional investment and income products, pension risk transfer solutions and structured settlement services.
The successful candidate will be a part of a high performing team reporting to a Vice President in Retirement Compliance and will be responsible for providing support as it relates to regulatory obligations of our business partners, including the application of laws and regulations in the development of testing and monitoring plans, identifying key compliance risks, and ensuring policies are reasonably designed and in place to mitigate those risks.
The candidate should be able to work independently in a fast paced and changing environment, with the ability to flex with shifting responsibilities and priorities. As the business needs and compliance objectives change, the responsibilities of the position are expected to evolve to meet the changing regulatory landscape and departmental deliverables. This position will give the successful candidate broad exposure to the business as well as internal clients and work closely with corporate partners (Law, Risk, and others).
On-going responsibilities for this position will include :
- Provide compliance support to business partners, regarding the practical application of insurance, federal securities and other regulation;
- Assist with the implementation of testing and monitoring plans under Prudential's Compliance Risk Management and Aligned Assessment Frameworks;
- Assist with the implementation of GPSI's SEC 206(4)-7 compliance program;
- Assist with the compliance coordination and oversight of required regulatory ﬁlings;
- Assist with the development of new training content;
- Assist with implementation of global compliance programs within the Retirement business unit including use of monitoring through data analytics and technology;
- Assist with the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to comply with regulatory requirements and corporate policies;
- Improve and streamline compliance processes where possible.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of relevant compliance, regulatory, business, operations, or other relevant professional experience
- Experience with Retirement business preferred.
- Understand key business risks, marketplace and regulatory environment is they relate to the sale of group annuities and products offered through registered investment advisors.
- Ability to collaborate across business units and corporate functions with strong communication skills.
- Openness to new ideas and seeks opportunities to learn.
- Collaborates in a fully inclusive and open manner.
- Ability to think beyond a problem on its face.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and has dexterity to adjust as needed.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize deliverables.
- Conscientious; detail oriented.
- Ability to utilize data to draw actionable conclusions.
- Able to perform as a team player and independently to help accomplish work objectives.
- A college degree required.
Back to top