For over 100 years, Prudential's diverse and talented employees have been committed to helping customers and their families grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including Group Insurance. We are known for delivering on our promises and are recognized as a trusted brand and one of the world's most admired companies.
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together across a multitude of disciplines. Together, we are building a better financial future for our customers and our communities around the globe. At Prudential, we understand that a company is only as good as its people. This simple fact is central to all that we do.
You will be part of the Expert Resource Team supporting Long-Term Disability Claims Teams which is part of our Group Insurance Business. We have Long-Term Disability offices in Roseland NJ, Portland ME, and Scottsdale AZ, with many of our staff members working virtually.
The Behavioral Health Clinician's duties and skills required include but not limited to the following:
- Apply clinical training and knowledge to form an assessment of mental capacity and how that impacts function and return to work
- Identify restrictions and limitations based on psychological and social factors to assist claim management staff in their claim handling activities
- Assist in strategy development through use of excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Document clinical assessments through effective written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborate with other resources including but not limited to Disability Claim Team Members, Clinical Peers and Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Resources
- Outreach to providers and/or claimants to help with developing rapport and assessment
- Capable of managing a case load between 35-50
Location: Offering the opportunity to work remotely or, if nearby, from a Prudential Group Insurance location
What you'll need to succeed:
- Actively licensed RN, Social Worker, Professional Counselor, or Psychologist
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
It'd be a plus if you have:
- 2 years of acute/outpatient psychiatric care experience Prior insurance industry experience
- Experience with STD/LTD products/claims
- Experience with motivational interviewing techniques