AWS DevOps Specialist
Prudential's IT organization is seeking an DevOps SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) to work in Roseland, NJ. This exciting position will offer a qualified candidate the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated Cloud Operations practice in a corporate IT organization. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has passion for technology, and a desire to provide outstanding customer service.
The position focuses on ensuring the reliability and maintainability of services and applications that have been adopted by the enterprise into the public cloud (AWS). A successful candidate will utilize technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes, never wanting to see the same class of problem twice. The top technical skills for this role include automation, a high proficiency in scripting languages, and an ability to create and implement Infrastructure as Code ( IaC ).
The successful candidate must be able to;
- Create and deliver Infrastructure as Code ( IaC ) through a CICD pipeline utilizing tools such as AWS CodePipeline , CloudFormation, Jenkins , Terraform or comparable toolsets.
- Consume/have literacy using Git and source code repositories such as Bitbucket, GitHub, Artifactory, or comparable toolsets .
- Leverage enterprise toolsets such as Splunk to search, analyze, visualize, and report on machine generated data to help achieve operational excellence.
- Proven ability to t roubleshoot tec hnical issues , with applications and infrastructure.
- Successfully collaborate across various technology disciplines.
- Help evangelize IT best practices and trends including TechOps, Cloud, Automation, DevOps, etc.
- Linux admin experience a plus.
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) experience a plus.
- Software Defined Network (SDN) experience a plus.
The qualifications include:
- Minimum 2 years related current experience.
- Ability to work with ambiguous and abstract concepts, as the candidate will often have to resolve complex customer inquiries.
- A passion to provide world class customer service.
- Ability to provide 7x24x365 on call support .
- Innovation skills and vision. Possesses and can further cultivate diversity of thought.
- Ability to process new concepts and technologies quickly, has an appetite for learning.
- A problem-solving mindset, someone with the skills and attributes to find the most appropriate solution that will bring about the desired change/outcome.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and flex when priorities change.
- An ability to influence through teamwork and collaboration.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field.
Back to top