Associate Video Producer
- Newark, NJ
The Global Communications organization defines, amplifies, and serves as the voice of Prudential, whose purpose is making lives better by solving the financial challenges of our changing world. The group is comprised of early talent, experienced, and executive teams with a keen focus on driving enterprise growth and transformation, as well as expanding the value of Communications. We look for people who enjoy what they do. Are you a video production professional who is passionate about contributing to best in class video communications and events? Are you energized by production and leveraging new technologies to optimize processes?
You will join Pru Productions, Global Communications' production team, which focuses on producing engaging video content and events for the entire organization. You will form strong partnerships with the production team that comprises producers, directors, editors and graphic artists, the operations staff and others within GC. The scope of our work includes videos profiles, sizzle reels, branded videos, business updates, senior executive video messages, town halls, live webcasts and conferences.
We will provide you with opportunities to develop your skill set, stretch into new areas and work on transformational initiatives.
You are looking for the opportunity to showcase and develop your expertise in video production, post-production and event production.
You will assist/support directors, producers and video editors in all aspects of the production process. Utilizing production resources, you will contribute creative solutions; in part, by acquiring the assets needed to produce compelling content and aid great storytelling. You're adept at sourcing internally and externally: online content, music and stock libraries, production elements, additional b-roll footage, photos, home videos, etc.
You will develop shot lists while working in close conjunction with editors and producers.
In collaboration with our production coordinator, you will assist in project management; administratively and logistically. You will liaise with internal business partners and freelance technical crews.
You will occasionally produce and/or edit pieces independently and assist with media management and organizational tasks associated with production (importing, organizing and logging footage, ordering transcripts, file making).
What we are looking for in your background
What you'll need to succeed:
- Highly organized, resourceful, adaptable and dedicated to contributing to the production of best in class videos.
- Keen attention to detail with the ability and willingness to manage competing deadlines while working simultaneously on multiple productions.
- Be nimble and eager to stay two steps ahead of the production process.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Great people skills including the ability to effectively communicate/influence business partners who are not as well versed in video/event production on project related concepts and logistics.
- Passion and persistence to acquire the assets needed to produce compelling video segments and aid great storytelling.
- Self-starter who is enthusiastic about collaborating with video producers, video editors, and other team members.
- Ability to work with camera crews, conduct interviews, contribute smart questions that aid in great storytelling.
- Creative thinker with a spirit to pitch ideas and contribute to team brainstorms.
- BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience creating video content (Please provide samples and explain your role)
It'd be a plus if you have:
- Experience (or knowledge/familiarity) with the Adobe Creative Suite and/or AVID
- Experience in any number of studio technical roles (camera, audio, teleprompter, deko, Tri-caster)
- Video editing or assistant editing (Digitizing, video editing project management)
- Manage field production, conduct interviews, and b-roll shoots in the field and in-studio
- Ability to shoot footage on DSLR camera
- Setup lighting and sets for in-studio shoots
- Understanding of financial services
- Interest in relevant and new technology
Back to top