Associate Manager, Treasury
The Prudential International Insurance (PII) Department has an opening for an Associate Manager position within the Capital Management team and seeking a self-motivated individual with strong financial analysis and interpersonal skills to join the team.
PII currently supports Prudential's insurance operations in 10 countries outside of the US (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Malaysia, Indonesia, India), which account for roughly half of Prudential's adjusted operating income.
In this role, the Associate Manager will have a unique opportunity to develop knowledge of PII's businesses and strategies, including a variety of capital and liquidity concepts primarily focusing on the Japan region. There will be frequent opportunities to collaborate within the Prudential International Insurance Department, the Treasury Department, and the broader Prudential community.
The responsibilities will include supporting the following functions:
- Provide treasury support of the International division, including corporate finance, capital management, borrowing, liquidity, and cash management
- Partner with local operations in Japan to optimize capital redeployment while maximizing returns and supporting risk
- Partner with Corporate Treasury, Controllers, P&A, Portfolio Management, and Tax to complete quarterly capital forecast, actual reporting, and various projects. Main deliverables include preparations and consolidation of solvency/statutory capital forecast, cash flow analysis, excess capital, balance sheet analysis, and other capital related items
- Prepare analysis under different capital lenses to determine the amount of risk in our international operations and the appropriate amount of capital to support the risk. The associate will have the opportunity to learn and prepare different measurements of risk-based capital (e.g. solvency margin capital, risk-based capital, stressed regulatory capital, and risk-adjusted capital requirements) and present results to senior management
- Development of related presentation for senior management, rating agencies, regulators, and the Finance Committee/Board of Directors
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting is preferred; MBA, CFA, and/or CPA is a plus
- Minimum 4-6 years financial related experience (planning and analysis experience preferred)
- Strong analytical, inter-personal, and communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation, passion to succeed, ownership, attention to detail, and innovation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of US GAAP and/or Stat financial statements
- Ability to work through issues independently and as part of a team
- Multi-tasking and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Prudential's financial systems (Obero, Oracle, etc.)
- Travel is not expected
Back to top