Associate Manager, Third Party Risk Management, PGIM O&I
- Newark, NJ
Reporting to the Manager, Third Party Risk Management, the selected candidate will be responsible for supporting oversight and coordination of the PGIM Third Party Risk Management program.
As part of this work, the individual will be tasked with helping to ensure that PGIM remains in compliance with Prudential's Third Party Risk Management standards and policies.
Prudential's Third Party Risk Management standards describe required activities that must be adhered to during a vendor's lifecycle, from sourcing to termination.
Activities include, but are not limited to assessing risk, conducting due diligence, on-going monitoring, and ensuring inventory completeness.
In addition to supporting oversight of the PGIM Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) program, the successful candidate will also work closely with stakeholders and subject matter experts in PGIM (Business Continuation, Privacy, Records Management, Compliance, etc.), as well as Enterprise Information Security, Operational Risk Management, Technology, Sourcing & Procurement, Operations & Systems Law, and Privacy.
A commitment to excellent customer service is critical, and role will be accountable for ensuring PGIM stakeholder satisfaction.
The Associate Manager is expected to possess strong process management and communication skills.
A sound knowledge of the firm, particularly within control-focused departments is preferred.
We welcome an innovative individual that embraces challenges and offers creative solutions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include
Serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to identify and address key third party related risks and areas of concerns associated with new and existing third-party relationships
Actively engage and collaborate with peers and team members, contributing to the successful execution of a consistent, risk-based Third Party Risk Management program
Assessing procedures and controls to ensure compliance with applicable enterprise standards
Driving appropriate stakeholder participation in evaluation of risk and control effectiveness
Conducting training to ensure TPRM awareness
Ensuring Archer vendor inventory system data integrity
Establishing strong partnerships with business lines and corporate functions to ensure effective planning and collaboration on third party risk management related matters
Engage internal subject matter experts across information technology, information security, privacy, sourcing, legal, corporate security and other influencers to contribute to the effective management of third party relationships
Produce scheduled and ad hoc reporting
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• 2-3 years of experience working in a risk or control function or 1-2 years of experience in Third Party Risk Management or Audit is preferred .
• Results oriented self-starter with ability to organize and lead multiple concurrent priorities while working independently or part of a team in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to learn quickly, uphold high performance standards and thrive in situations where ambiguity is to be anticipated and a sense of urgency is required.
• Ability to communicate technical third party risks to non-technical business stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to tailor messages to various audiences.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
• Knowledge of Power BI a plus.
Back to top