Associate Manager, Financial Reporting
- Newark, NJ
An outstanding and challenging opportunity as Associate Manager, Financial Reporting, is available within the Individual Annuities Finance Team. This role will help support business results analysis, financial reporting, certain reinsurance agreements, as well as overseeing of SOX and MAR controls.
The Associate Manager position will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Support preparation of insightful financial metrics, analytics, and trends for senior management related to business results.
- Support Business and Finance Leaders on financial trends and profitable growth opportunities
- Help drive continuous process enhancements, including implementing additional technology solutions to further improve efficiencies.
- Support Investor Relations with coordination of deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors in preparation for the quarterly earnings release.
- Assist in analysis and documentation of both GAAP / STAT Out of Period Adjustments and Materiality assessments for both PFI and our Non-Accelerated Filers.
- Assist in deliverables related to certain of our external reinsurance agreements.
- Support the execution of the quarterly dividend process.
- Work closely with Finance Shared Services (FSS) and other business partners to coordinate quarterly close processes in review of the key earnings submissions.
- Participate in ad-hoc requests, projects and analysis for management and various corporate and other business partners.
- Maintenance of SOX and MAR controls. Serve as "point" person for audit inquiries and SOX/MAR walkthroughs and testing.
- Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully analyze, assess, challenge, and influence
- Experience with analyzing data and the underlying drivers of financial results
- Strong Excel abilities required and experience with data visual tools such Tableau or Power BI preferred
- Experience with working with Financial Reporting tools is a plus
- Highly motivated and creative problem solver; strategic thinker on financial matters
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (CPA preferable)
- Knowledge of insurance accounting preferred
- Knowledge of insurance-related actuarial concepts is a plus
- Ability to work across teams and collaborate with others to drive execution
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of associates
Back to top