Associate Manager, Actuarial
- Newark, NJ
The Associate Manager, Actuarial will support ongoing development of the Retirement end-to-end valuation system. As a member of the development team, you will work on a variety of projects, from enhancing models and developing testing tools to helping automate processes and engaging in research experiments and spikes.
We are looking for driven, intellectually curious team players with extensive experience with object-oriented programming languages and querying large datasets.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with other talented individuals on a high-performing team and play a part in the transition of our team towards Agile/Scrum processes. You will also be contributing to the development of a best-in-class in-house C# calculation engine that is an integral part of our Retirement end-to-end valuation system.
Areas of focus:
Ongoing product backlog refinement, defining acceptance criteria and working in product increments
Contribute to design, development and testing of in-house models written in C# programming language
Implement best practice software development processes such as test-driven development and continuous integration
• Bachelors' degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field
• 1-2 years of experience with creating Excel-based models, experience with Excel VBA
• 2-3 years of experience with coding in C# language and/or Python
• 1-2 years of experience with writing SQL queries on large datasets
• Familiarity with actuarial / finance concepts
• Familiarity with GAAP/STAT accounting
• Experience with project management methodologies such as Agile, scaled Agile, etc.
Back to top