Associate Business Systems Analyst
- Newark, NJ
Actuarial and Finance Technology (AFT) has an opening for an Analyst in the Financial Application Support function. As part of the Reporting, Analysis & Control team within AFT, the Financial Application Support associate will work to support Prudential's business finance groups or Finance corporate centers to understand their business needs in regard to reporting capabilities and promote process and system enhancements that drive greater accuracy and efficiency.
The individual will interact with business unit and corporate center partners to help promote more widespread and consistent use of the Financial Systems Architecture, including financial reporting, data visualization and other end user productivity tools. The associate will collaborate with peers within the Financial Application Support team as well as other areas within AFT.
We are seeking an associate with strong technical skills and aptitude, particularly in the area of Visualization tools, as well as solid business analysis skills. The individual should able to assist in the assessment and documentation of business needs and assist in the design and deployment of solutions. The associate needs to be a self-motivated and energetic individual who can meet the challenges of a fast-paced environment. The associate should be comfortable with change and working with partners at various levels.
Partnering with business areas to assess reporting, analysis and data visualization needs
Documenting business requirements and functional & technical specifications
Partnering with technical subject matter experts to determine and document the optimal design
Developing, testing and deploying smaller reporting and end user computing solutions
Creating and executing test scripts
Facilitating change and innovation to legacy systems and processes
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Math, Computer Science/Information Technology or MIS
• 1-2 years of experience working in financial systems, financial reporting or similar area
• Experience working with business intelligence (Oracle BI or similar) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft PowerBI)
• Knowledge of various SDLC and process methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
• Experience working with OLAP reporting tools such as Essbase, Cognos, etc.
• Working knowledge of VBA, Python or R
• Strong desire to innovate and advance internal technologies and processes
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and Excel) is required
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines
• Highly motivated to make impactful improvements for our business partners
Back to top