Valuation, Financial Reporting, Forecasting, and Analysis
- Responsible for preparing GAAP, Statutory, and Tax valuation, financial reporting, and forecasting for Prudential Retirement's Longevity Reinsurance Pension Risk Transfer business
- Develop and analyze monthly reserve traces, ensure accuracy of financial results, and create analysis to support downstream business partners in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment
- Review source of earnings analysis and explain drivers of results to senior management, actuarial, and financial stakeholders
- Develop new analytical tools, processes, and management reporting packages to drive quicker and deeper insights into reserve experience
- Support enterprise financial planning by creating and attributing changes in quarterly reserve forecasts for the Longevity Reinsurance product
- Collaborate with pricing, product management, modeling and service delivery to implement new business
- Develop and implement new/enhanced reserve methodologies for new business effort.
- Be an active participant in Prudential's actuarial community
• Bachelor's degree
• 3 years of life/annuities actuarial experience. Experience in financial reporting, valuation, or supporting pension risk transfer products preferred.
• ASA or near-ASA preferred
• Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who can work independently or in a team and take a leadership role in a wide variety of assignments
• Strong technical and analytical skills, especially in working with large data sets
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of GAAP, Statutory and Tax valuation and/or financial reporting principles a plus