Associate Actuary (Retirement Valuation)
Prudential Retirement is an industry leader in Stable Value, Pension Risk Transfer, Structured Settlements, and Full Service businesses. This is a position on the Retirement Valuation team in support of consolidated reporting and participating liability valuation, with the following primary responsibilities.
- Analyze and prepare monthly reserve traces and other reporting requirements for Retirement participating products on GAAP and Statutory reporting bases
- Perform research and analysis to explain changes in reserves, sources of earnings and drivers of results
- Develop and enhance analytics for better communication of results to management and stakeholders
- Perform consolidated reporting on GAAP, STAT and TAX balances covering all Retirement products to meet enterprise and regulatory reporting requirements
- Support enterprise financial planning by completing quarterly reserve forecasts
- Build tools to enhance/streamline existing processes and exhibits with a focus on controls and consistency
- Collaborate with members across valuation, modeling, pricing and corporate teams to develop and enhance existing processes and analytics
- Maintain adherence with appropriate corporate governance, controls, and documentation policies/procedures.
- Be an active participant in Prudential's actuarial community
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other highly quantitative field.
- ASA or near-ASA is preferred.
- 3 years of business/actuarial experience. Knowledge of Retirement products and asset/liability management is preferred.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple assignments under challenging time frames.
- Highly motivated, innovative, and creative problem solver and conceptual thinker who can work independently and in a team.
- Superior technical skills and ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models
- Advanced skills in Excel including VBA preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
Back to top