Associate Actuary ( International Insurance)
Prudential International Insurance (PII) continues to be one of Prudential's fastest growing and most profitable business groups. PII has operations in twelve countries around the world (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Italy and Ghana).
PII is looking for a candidate who is strong in actuarial modeling and has experience in Asset Adequacy Testing (AAT) to fill a new Associate Actuary position to the PII PICA Projection and FASB Targeted Improvement System Development team which is part of the Modeling, Risk, Capital and IFRS team in Newark, New Jersey.
The new position's main responsibilities will be to lead and assist PII PICA Projection process, which covers AAT, RBC C-3 Phase I, Forecasting, as well as Deterministic Stress Testing (DST) and DPC testing for mainly traditional life block ceded from our Japan entity.
This role is highly visible and strategic; it plays a key role in PII Actuarial by partnering with the local operations, various enterprise and domestic counterparties.
- Strong actuarial modeling experience in valuation and projection (GAAP, Statutory or ALM). Minimum of 3 years actuarial modeling experience is required; broad experience in Poly and MG ALFA modeling is highly preferred; experience with GGY or Prophet is a plus.
- Experience in AAT process.
- Strong U.S. financial accounting framework knowledge and experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills, including the ability to understand concepts and assess situations in a timely manner.
- Broad understanding and relevant experience with Life and/or Annuity products.
- Strong multi project management skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with associates in local PII operations.
- Experience in and/or strong appetite to learn other frameworks (FASB targeted improvement, IFRS 17, PBR, MCEV and Solvency II) is a plus.
- ASA or close to FSA, with 4 years of actuarial experience is required, CFA or FRM a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of insurance markets in Asia and Latin America is a plus.
- Minimal travel may be required. (< 10% of time)
Back to top