- Newark, NJ
The C&O Controllers group resides within the Corporate and Other Finance group and is responsible for o versight of the control framework to mitigate risk and validate the accuracy of financial results in accordance with GAAP and Stat accounting principles . The group, which reports directly into the Company Controller and the Company Chief Financial officer, seeks a Senior Financial Reporting Specialist. The role will mainly support the Prudential Foundation daily operations, quarterly, and annual close processes, including journal process, reconciliations, analysis of balance sheet and income statement drivers, and the annual audited financial statements and tax returns preparation and coordination. The role will also have exposure to the Company's quarterly close process, GAAP and Stat accounting, and related accounting control and operating processes and procedures. The position offers the candidate an excellent opportunity to develop and utilize their leadership skills and provides the opportunity to implement process improvements. The successful candidate will also play an active role in partnering and driving unit's initiatives and projects.
- Work with the Corporate Social Responsibilities team to prepare wires and verify check disbursements for their grant making activities and the employee matching gift program. Work with supporting groups to ensure transactions are recorded in the Oracle general ledger accurately.
- Monitor journal entries booked by Investment Ops and Plan Accounting, and record journal entries for certain activities, such as contributed services, grant and tax accruals. Gather support documents and conduct reconciliations for all relevant accounts.
- Prepare annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Coordinate annual audit with external auditors. Organize walk throughs with Prudential areas administering Foundation activities.
- Coordinate with external service provider to complete the federal / state tax filings.
- Implement new accounting guidance as required by changes in not-for-profit accounting policy
- Put together quarterly financial summaries and prepare C&O controllers for his presentation at the Foundation board meetings.
- Assist with the C&O segment quarterly financial close and related processes.
- Assist with the oversight of internal control standards and coordination of SOX and MAR testing for the group.
- Validate the accuracy and completeness of financial results including the balance sheet and income statement (e.g., account reconciliations, balance roll-forwards) in accordance with GAAP & STAT
- Assist with preparing the quarterly peer review process
- Support the ongoing efforts to improve and enhance the financial reporting processes
What we expect from you:
- Self-motivated and proactive, highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented
- Ability to work across teams and collaborate with others to drive execution
- Demonstrate analytical, conceptual and critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to apply good judgment
- Intellectual curiosity. Will ask questions and is adept at challenging results
- Identify opportunities to better leverage existing and emerging technologies to complete tasks more efficiently and effectively
- Forward thinker who plans ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance is required (CPA or MBA is a plus)
- 3-4 years of accounting, internal control and analysis experience
- Prior experience with the quarterly close and related processes
- Strong understanding of GAAP and Stat accounting principles
- Adept at establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across our key corporate functions
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and demands
- Strong Microsoft Office and Oracle General Ledger skill s
Back to top