We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
Unlike some of our competitors, we're adding positions to support our growth. We're currently looking to add several positions at multiple seniority levels of experienced life insurance underwriters to our team. As you might expect, these are work from home positions.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Underwrite cases above $5 million face amount, including impaired risk, assessing medical and financial risk and evaluating each requirement as received
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key distributors and internal sales staff
- Manage assigned workload meeting production and time service standards
- Other job duties as assigned
- 10+ years of life insurance underwriting experience with a carrier (manufacturer)
- Demonstrated ability to make sound underwriting decisions in a dynamic environment while handling a sizeable caseload
- Looking for individual life insurance underwriters with experience in the independent agent marketplace
- Strong communication and relationship management skills are essential
- Customer focus
- Track record demonstrating good quality and productivity as well as career advancement and increasing approval authority
- Industry coursework commensurate with experience
- Proven ability to organize and deliver on time with excellent results
- Working knowledge of PC applications
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable experience
This position is an Virtual/work from home position subject to our virtual workplace standards
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.