- Birmingham, AL
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
The Training Designer (TD) is responsible for creating learning solutions to meet business needs. The TD will design and develop training content based on adult learning and instructional design principles. Developed training content can include computer-based training (CBT), instructor led training (ILT), blended instruction, and/or virtual training. The TD will partner with Operations Services Training (OST) team members and subject matter experts (SME) to identify the critical knowledge, skills, and abilities to be obtained and translate it into effective learning objectives and programs that deliver measurable attainment of competency. TDs are responsible for independently managing each training project to meet business deadlines. When not designing programs, TDs can be required to observe and perform functional tasks in current or future-assigned business areas to gain or maintain working knowledge.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop training curriculum, modules, and programs, pre and post-training activities, support materials and evaluations based on business and learning requirements.
- Develop training content using content authoring software.
- Be able to design multiple training programs at one time in order to meet business and departmental requirements and deadlines.
- Perform training needs analysis through partnering with Training Partners to perform work observations, procedure/process/training material reviews, and subject matter expert interviews.
- Create detailed documentation of design activities.
- Create training effectiveness and learner competency assessments for assigned training programs.
- Work with Training Instructors to effectively execute learning activities, administer assessments and integrate job aids/solutions, varied learning media and e-learning—as designed, in the classroom.
- Explore and stay current on learning/assessment methodologies and options.
- Keep abreast of any changes to assigned department processes.
- Demonstrates a strong level of accountability and initiative.
- Work effectively within a team and maintain professionalism in a high demand, fast-paced environment.
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- 1-3 years of course design experience required. College degree in related field preferred.
- Experience in designing innovative learning solutions in a corporate environment is required.
- Experience with designing training programs for computer systems preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and content authoring tools (Articulate 360, Captivate), and learning management systems required.
- Experience with applying fundamental training principles such as instructional design, adult learning principles, curriculum development, ADDIE, micro-learning, and experiential learning solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills with individuals at all levels in business.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, as needed.
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Back to top