AVP, Sales Training
- Cincinnati, OH
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
The AVP, Sales Training & Development leads the strategy, vision, and direction necessary to ensure effective, timely and complete development and execution of all training programs and needs for our sales teams and customers. This role will be partnering with the Sales Leadership teams to identify and map best practice processes and approaches and managing execution at the highest level to effectively grow the sales organization and ensure financial strength and sales team efficiency.
· Works closely with the Chief Distribution Officers and Sales Leadership across both Divisions to identify sales training and development needs across Divisions.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the Customer Experience operations.
· Collaborates with sales and marketing team to develop wholesaler messaging that aligns with marketing and sales initiatives.
· Oversees creation of concept materials that explain technical concepts in easy to understand terms across a wide range of life insurance, annuity products, investment strategies and value-added programs.
· Leads the development and delivery of training programs for the Divisional sales teams.
· Responsible for the visualization, creation, and implementation of effective training programs across product lines and distribution channels.
· Leads the efforts to build comprehensive training plans and programs that support the professional development and effectiveness of the organization’s sales teams.
· Managers to conduct training needs assessments and creates plans to address identified gaps.
· Creates, delivers, and maintains a core curriculum to be used for onboarding of new employees and to support general training needs.
· Designs and delivers specific training programs to aid in professional development and improved effectiveness of sales personnel.
· Identifies potential strategic partnerships with internal resources and outside consultants and vendors to expand the training resources available to sales teams. Negotiates and manages vendor terms and relationships.
· Utilizes a variety of technologies and approaches to program delivery (classroom, one-on-one, distance learning, e-learning, etc.).
· Develops and maintains a library of on-demand training resources and sales aids.
· Manages and maintains regulatory training programs (suitability NAIC, FINRA, etc.).
· Oversees the development, deployment and tracking of continuing education courses.
· Analyzes training effectiveness through formal testing and evaluation methods as well as correlated employee performance, reports results and ROI to management.
· Stays current on industry trends, topics, news, and vendor offerings.
· Provide day to day leadership and management to the Training Team (Training Partners, Design & Instructors), incorporating core values of Protective and supporting business strategies.
· Provide mentoring to the team; attract, recruit, and retain key talent.
· Develop and maintain effective partnerships with external vendor partners.
· Explore and stay current on new or varied learning/ assessment methodologies and options, including e-learning formats.
· Strives to develop and drive initiatives that align with key corporate values:
o Do the Right Thing
o Serve People
o Build Trust
o Simplify Everything
BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
5-8 years’ Training Management experience.
Professional demeanor and expertise with Adult Learning principles, technology/techniques.
Work effectively in a high demand, fast-paced environment; stay calm under pressure.
Proven ability to build effecting learning curriculum for employees at various job levels
Experience with a variety of learning delivery methods including classroom, one-on-one, distance and e-learning
Bachelor’s degree required, with concentration in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline. Additional certificates, training or degrees in Education, Instructional Design or Adult Learning a plus.
Life insurance or securities experience, designations or licenses favored
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Ability to interactive effectively and sensitively with a wide variety of personalities and positions.
Must be able to manage multiple tasks with high level of accuracy
Ability to resolve problems and apply best solution
Pro-active approach to job challenges
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Back to top