The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
We are seeking ASA and FSA level Actuary candidates for open Valuation Manager positions on both the Trad and UL valuation teams. The persons selected for these roles will help drive the overall success of the valuation team and the company’s critical financial reporting obligations. These highly visible roles will interact with other departments and individuals within the organization and play a key role interacting with Finance by analyzing key drivers of earnings. These positions are responsible for performing Statutory, GAAP and Tax valuation of life products using the PolySystems suite of financial systems applications. These financial reporting responsibilities take up about 3 weeks each quarter. The remainder of their time will be spent supervising actuarial students and playing an essential role in maintaining our valuation and business plan models, often directing and validating model updates/changes.
- Performing quarterly valuations and earning variance analysis.
- Providing guidance and review for calculation of Stat, Tax, and GAAP reserves and intangible assets.
- Preparing and reviewing SOX controls.
- Maintain and improve the valuation and business plan modes
- Supervise model updates/changes and analyze impact of changes
- Improving processes related to valuation
- X-factor, Preferred Mortality and AG38 8D Testing
- Provide support for implementation of new products
- Develop new reporting / analysis tools as necessary
- Work closely with other Valuation and Financial reporting teams
- Other job duties as assigned, including ad hoc management reports
- Manage and develop actuarial students
- Interact with other departments and individuals within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ideal candidate will be a ASA or FSA level actuary
- 3 or more years of experience as an actuary within the insurance industry
- Previous valuation experience preferred
- Previous staff management experience a plus
- Excellent spreadsheet and database skills
- Ability to learn new software
- Hard working
- Analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using PolySystems is preferred
This position is an Virtual/work from home position subject to our virtual workplace standards.
Performance-Based Compensation: [This position is eligible for an annual incentive based on individual and Company performance] OR [SIP – This position includes cash compensation as a part of a sales incentive plan (SIP)]
Note: Pursuant to Colorado law, Protective is providing the applicable salary range for Colorado residents. Salary Range Specific to Colorado: $90,000 - $130,000
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.