We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
We are seeking ASA and FSA level Actuary candidates for open Valuation Manager positions on both the Trad and UL valuation teams. The persons selected for these roles will help drive the overall success of the valuation team and the company’s critical financial reporting obligations. These highly visible roles will interact with other departments and individuals within the organization and play a key role interacting with Finance by analyzing key drivers of earnings. These positions are responsible for performing Statutory, GAAP and Tax valuation of life products using the PolySystems suite of financial systems applications. These financial reporting responsibilities take up about 3 weeks each quarter. The remainder of their time will be spent supervising actuarial students and playing an essential role in maintaining our valuation and business plan models, often directing and validating model updates/changes.
- Performing quarterly valuations and earning variance analysis.
- Providing guidance and review for calculation of Stat, Tax, and GAAP reserves and intangible assets.
- Preparing and reviewing SOX controls.
- Maintain and improve the valuation and business plan modes
- Supervise model updates/changes and analyze impact of changes
- Improving processes related to valuation
- X-factor, Preferred Mortality and AG38 8D Testing
- Provide support for implementation of new products
- Develop new reporting / analysis tools as necessary
- Work closely with other Valuation and Financial reporting teams
- Other job duties as assigned, including ad hoc management reports
- Manage and develop actuarial students
- Interact with other departments and individuals within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ideal candidate will be a ASA or FSA level actuary
- 3 or more years of experience as an actuary within the insurance industry
- Previous valuation experience preferred
- Previous staff management experience a plus
- Excellent spreadsheet and database skills
- Ability to learn new software
- Hard working
- Analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using PolySystems is preferred
This position is an Virtual/work from home position subject to our virtual workplace standards
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.