VP of Business Planning & Operations for Global Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience
ProQuest products are a gateway to the world’s knowledge. Our vast collections span six centuries, all disciplines and, the diverse content needed by researchers. We provide the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses. Researchers find three centuries of newspapers; more than half a billion academic e-books; collections of important scholarly journals and other content they need for primary source materials in their area of study.
Are you seeking a Vice President role with an exciting company?
ProQuest’s Global Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience (GSMCE) group is hiring the Vice President Business Planning and Operations. This is a leadership role to drive initiatives that focus on execution, building revenue, operational excellence, sales effectiveness, and customer satisfaction to further the organizational strategy.
What you will be doing?
- Provides leadership to the GSMCE organization, and counsel to the Senior Vice President GSMCE, in implementing the organization’s vision, objectives and strategic plans for the purpose of exceeding customer expectations and company revenue targets.
- Facilitates GSMCE contributions to annual strategic planning and operating budget planning processes.
- Partners with senior sales, marketing and customer experience leadership team to identify opportunities for process improvements and building efficiencies.
- Facilitates successful implementation of cross BU programs and projects through the GSMCE organization.
- Facilitates the adoption of enabling technologies that support and enhance the productivity of the GSMCE organization.
- Responsible for GSMCE business reviews and partners with leaders and key stakeholders for the same.
- Optimizes sales, marketing, and customer experience enablement and effectiveness through the management of systems, tools, and processes.
- Defines performance objectives and tracking methods aligned with company goals and overall strategic agenda.
- Develops and maintains short and long-term workload forecasting systems and staffing plans.
- Identifies and understands customer expectations, core value systems and relationship drivers.
- Develops and maintains key metrics and reporting for the teams.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the shared services organizations on projects and initiatives that align with and drive the GSMCE organization’s objectives.
What you will need to be successful?
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Business, Logistics, Marketing, Sales leadership or related field, plus at least 15 years’ relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience developing and managing strategic plans and growth strategies.
- International sales, marketing operations or customer care experience.
- Strong background in developing metrics and in benchmarking.
- Understanding of sales methodologies and techniques for selling complex, content-rich information products for multiple users/sites.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software tools, as well as business system software like Oracle.
- Ability to manage, develop, and motivate staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Two to three years Business-to-business Sales experience desired.
- Masters’ degree in Business, Logistics, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
Other important information about this position:
- We highly prefer candidates to work out of ProQuest Headquarters in Ann Arbor, Michigan or out of our New York office. Will consider candidates from nearby locations that can travel to Ann Arbor.
- 10-15% travel is expected for local candidates.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
- This position has people management responsibilities.
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual, we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. Based in Ann Arbor, we are within walking distance to Downtown, Briarwood Mall and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live and work in Ann Arbor, a naturally beautiful, vibrant and world-class city.
Back to top