Unix/Linux Cloud Engineer
Senior Unix/Linux Cloud Engineer
Who is ProQuest?
In Texas, a grad student unearths a lost work by Walt Whitman, opening new perspectives on the influential poet. In Germany, a cancer researcher’s refined workflow takes treatment a vital step forward. In Rotuma, a filmmaker inspires researchers everywhere to explore the culture of his tiny Polynesian island. In classrooms, libraries, businesses and homes worldwide, people are doing extraordinary things with help from ProQuest, a leader in research and educational technology, based here in Ann Arbor.
What will I be doing as a Sr. Unix/Linux Cloud Engineer?
This passionate team of technologists is responsible for architecture guidance, best practice design and compliance tooling. Your duties will include working closely with our DevOps and Development teams while we migrate our technology platforms to public cloud services (AWS). As a valued member of this team, ProQuest encourages learning, training, and certification in the latest technologies providing an opportunity for professional growth.
You will also work on:
- Cloud and Virtualization infrastructure monitoring, planning, and support.
- Virtualization and public cloud security practices.
- Cloud governance, auditing, monitoring, planning and assessment
- troubleshooting of large, complex, multi-team issues
- Mastering and leveraging tools such as AWS CloudWatch, VMware vCenter, DataDog, and Evident.IO
- Deployment and configuration of new and replacement virtualization infrastructure (including hardware, software, storage, Cisco UCS, VMWare vCenter/ESX and Amazon Web Services infrastructure)
- Scope and timeliness of assigned projects.
- Automates tasks using Chef, Jenkins, and AWS Cloudformation
- Responds to and drives resolution of issues reported during assigned rotations
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
- Bachelors’ degree in Technology-related field, plus 5 years’ related work experience, or equivalent combination of education/certification and experience.
- *AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (or ProQuest will sponsor candidates to attain this certification)
- Advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services or equivalent public cloud provider.
- Advanced research and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, UNIX, and Windows Operating Systems including deployment automation and troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of VMware, vCenter or equivalent virtualization platform
- Working knowledge and experience using DevOps tool chains such as Git, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, and Cloudformation
Ideal Candidates Will Also Have:
- AWS Certified Architect – Professional.
- AWS Certified DevOps – Professional.
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate.
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional.
Other important information about this position:
- Position is based in Ann Arbor, other ProQuest locations, or remotely with manager approval
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Participates in the 24 × 7 Unix Systems Administration pager rotation as assigned.
- Position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Individual will be required to lift equipment, maintain cabling, and work extended hours standing and performing work in a data center.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top