Technical Product Specialist
ProQuest products are a gateway to the world’s knowledge. Our vast collections span six centuries, all disciplines and, the diverse content needed by researchers. We provide the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses. Researchers find three centuries of newspapers; more than half a billion academic e-books; collections of important scholarly journals and other content they need for primary source materials in their area of study.
It’s an exciting time to be working for ProQuest! You will have a unique opportunity to focus on providing the best products available for libraries to manage their collections and empower researchers to discover the content they need. The ProQuest team is a small, product focused group where our staff has regular access to seasoned experts and senior leadership. We have a culture of innovation and a versatile, collaborative environment where you can work on projects that have high visibility throughout the company. ProQuest offers excellent professional growth potential to help you thrive.
The Technical Product Specialist will work to diagnose and resolve technical and product functional inquiries while providing deep expertise to customers, distributers, sales and management for the products within Bowker, RefWorks, and Pivot. At ProQuest, our Technical Product Specialists will work closely with the end users of our products through e-mail, phone calls and some chat support to resolve authentication complications, usage bug errors, and testing bugs. Tasks come through a que from customers throughout the world as you will work closely with the rest of the Technical Products team, and the development teams to resolve the issues. This position has the flexibility to be located in the Ann Arbor, MI office or remotely throughout the United States.
- Provides proactive, seamless customer support in partnership with other internal departments in response to client service requests received via multiple channels (telephone, e-mail, chat, or in-person visits).
- Works closely with manager or team leader in assigned region to deliver exceptional service.
- Investigates, reports and documents customer issues and/or enhancement requests.
- Escalates queries, product defects and feature requests for resolution.
- Actively participates in product discussions, working closely with senior members of the team to optimize the customer experience.
- Attends and reports on product updates or training sessions.
- Authors and maintains product support collateral to enhance product adoption and usage, including FAQ’s, Technical Tips, technical/functional specifications, etc.
Successful candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ related client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven skills with MS Office Suite of products.
- Strong understanding of web related technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS, Web Proxy, IP addresses).
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. system analysis, troubleshooting, debugging code, etc.)
Ideal candidates would have:
- Experience teaching or training others, especially in a technical context.
- Experience with library workflow tools (OPACs, discovery layers, and other bibliographic records systems).
- Flexible and adaptable to changing market/business conditions.
- Experience using academic research tools, systems, and content.
- Experience writing product and service documentation.
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual, we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. Based in Ann Arbor, we are within walking distance to Downtown, Briarwood Mall and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live and work in Ann Arbor, a naturally beautiful, vibrant and world-class city.
Back to top